'08 Trophy rm best pic contest(UPDATED AGAIN)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

The first prize (Vixen) has been ordered and should be available to the winner soon. I would like everyone to participate on picking the best picture. Please be forewarned I will not release it to any one who's picture does not meet the criteria I set out earlier. The money for the prizes come from making strings in my precious spare time.
Again, I want to thank George Wagner at The Bow Shop and Excalibur for helping me in the purchase price.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=22925
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Boo,

I sent you a PM...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

I agree the vixen would be nice but wouldnt it be better to reward the person with the biggest buck as in antlers since this forum is for hunters not photographers? I spend everyday from oct 15th to day before shotgun hunting a prize buck i really dont worry about pictures i focus on hunting the elusive giant not if i can get a better picture than anyone else. Sorry if i upset anyone just my 2 cents worth
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
Boo

Post by Boo »

MrBigSticks wrote:I agree the vixen would be nice but wouldnt it be better to reward the person with the biggest buck as in antlers since this forum is for hunters not photographers? I spend everyday from oct 15th to day before shotgun hunting a prize buck i really dont worry about pictures i focus on hunting the elusive giant not if i can get a better picture than anyone else. Sorry if i upset anyone just my 2 cents worth
There's nothing to be upset about. But if you would like to donate something for the most successful rack hunter be my guest. I would like to see the prize that I bought go to someone that depicts the most respectful picture of the game they pursue. I think that hunting racks would exclude those who hunt for the pure pleasure of hunting as well as those who hunt for food. The last thing I want to do is to exclude those who don't have the time or money that is needed to hunt racks. BTW this is for crossbows only.
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

Wasnt trying to upset you Boo and i agree with the pleasures of hunting if you look i hunt with a excal myself
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
Boo

Post by Boo »

As I said, there's nothing to be upset about. You just didn't know this was a "meat and potatoes" contest.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:As I said, there's nothing to be upset about. You just didn't know this was a "meat and potatoes" contest.
Boo, you never told me I needed a picture of my supper table. hmmm :) :)
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

The contest was set up as a photo contest and that is the way I liked seing it presented. There was a lot of talk last year with the trophy room and pictures taken that I am sure is what prompted the photo contest idea. We also have another contest going on with teams that is more for the harvest. Still not a big buck contest per say but whos to say, there might be one next year if someone wishes to start one. I know however that I don't hunt properties that would hold the deer that our Northern hunters have the oportunity for. And just as a final note. don't forget that I have a groundpounder mount for the photo contest and for the winning team in the hunting contest. I don't remember off hand what place gets my prize. I'm letting whoever started each contest depict the prizes for the place.
Why ride when you can walk!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Todd, you can put it second if you would like. My second prize is no where as nice as a Ground Pounder Mount.
I would like to say that it's great to see another retailer put something back into the forum! That's great Todd!!!!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don ,how are we going to vote for the most respectable/best picture ? Are we going to start a seperate thread to vote on ?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have my picture all picked out already, Think the way you are running it Boo is perfect. Don't change it at all if doing it again. Think the rules are special and anyone can win it, no matter what you are hunting. Congrads for coming up with the idea.
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

same as he said
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:Don ,how are we going to vote for the most respectable/best picture ? Are we going to start a seperate thread to vote on ?
Yes, I will start a thread and cast the first vote. Someone will tally up the votes. It would be nice if RJ could do the tally and make comments on the mentionable pictures. RJ, without question, has the best "eye" for what makes a nice picture. I'll PM RJ and ask him.
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

im down to 4 pics......but i,ll keep an open mind for any other pics that show up...
damm its getting hard to make up my mind now to decide on picking one pic out of the four as favorite :cry: ..

Boo...can you save me some sorrow and donate 4 bows? :wink:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
Boo

Post by Boo »

fogducker wrote:im down to 4 pics......but i,ll keep an open mind for any other pics that show up...
damm its getting hard to make up my mind now to decide on picking one pic out of the four as favorite :cry: ..

Boo...can you save me some sorrow and donate 4 bows? :wink:
I'll donate one for everyone you do Don! :lol: