Xbow Kennys cusom strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fogducker

Post by fogducker »

mikej wrote:i'll take 4 . can you put wiskers on them
sure can.........but i dont understand why you want my cat (his name is wiskers) on it :shock: ..

MPSNIPER......sorry for hijacking your thread here :oops: .send us a report on how that new string holds out for you..they look like they are well made..
cheers

Don
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

mikej wrote:i'll take 4 . can you put wiskers on them
Lord help us. I can only imagine where this is headed. LOL :lol:
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

MPSNIPER......sorry for hijacking your thread here .send us a report on how that new string holds out for you..they look like they are well made..
cheers
Don

No worries Don. I just wanted people to know that indeed Kenny makes a quality string and he was excellent to deal with. I just thought people would like to know that.
As far as that Manx dude's comments about making your own...oh well some people are just not happy unless they can claim they can "out do someone else"
-Michael
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:
ComfyBear wrote:Manx, no doubt it's easy for you to say. Now if you could show us, that would remove any doubt. :wink:
I've seen several strings made on this forum, but never any Manx strings. It would be nice if you could make just one and post a pic.

You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? :wink:
LOL, Lou, you sound pretty frosted! Don't stress. He don't know what we know! You and I know what he don't know! Ya know? Well I know you know. :shock:
I know you know Don, I have watched you and can attest to that. A quickly as I think I pick up on things, I don't ever think that I can make a good string while sitting in my tree stand like ManX can, and inexpensively too.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

having seen most of the prices on the materials needed to make a string i don't see a huge profit margin when you compare the price of a boo string to the cost of the materials. so the inexpensive part is out of it
ManX

Post by ManX »

Sorry friends :oops:
I did not think my words could be a provocation...
In my country we are not so lucky as you and we do not have Don Boo or Kenny.., so if the flemish excalibur standard string is not enought for you the best way is to learn and make one by yourself with your specs.
I know that I make string just if I need one for me , instead for Boo (Kenny etc..) it is a job, he probalbly makes more thab 100 string in a week, so he has an incredible experience and I am a kid compare with him :cry:
I do not like words, english is not my language and I can do a lot of mistakes (sorry for them), so this is what you have asked me:
FFF plus 48 treads, BYC Halo ,30 serving, I added two ULTRA BOW JAX for the first time (while I am working to make my 4d generation of absorbers), total of 80 shoots.
Any critical is accepted more than compliment, 'cause I can increase just with the first
In pics you can also see a stock string, at the moment I do not have other cause they are sufficient( I make them just if I need them not to enjoy), for the next I will buy another color of ff+ for a triple string of 45 (15x3) with a dynema kitesurf serving 0.8
And...
that's all folks
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
terrym

Post by terrym »

Boo wrote:
ManX wrote:sorry folks,
I do not understand why you buy a string.....
It so easy make a flemish that you can also do one while you are waiting on your treestand....and you can custom it as you want for a cheeper price.
Use your hands and your brain, not only your money, be ready for the end!!! :wink:
Geeeeze, I think I've been slighted! Maybe not but helping just took a whole new light. Apparently what I know and do is pretty simple!
Words are like arrows, once released they are diffcult to stop.
Who do you think has more credibility here Boo? Iwouldn't take this guy too seriously, the internet empowers lots of f_ _ _ _.....................
ManX

Post by ManX »

terrym wrote:Who do you think has more credibility here Boo? Iwouldn't take this guy too seriously, the internet empowers lots of f_ _ _ _.....................
Do not worry dear terrym,
I do not want to injure no one of you , I consider you all crossbower friends, I am just a poor man how loves this sport ( at the moment 5 bolts in 6'' at 90y, but Matth remains a leggend :wink: ) and if I learn something usefull I am forthcoming (not sure this adjective is grammatical correct :oops: ) to share with you.
Boo do not worry I make my strings for myself I do not want to sell nothing, I thank you for the really precious helps you give me reading the two forums ( this and the "Venatores furum").
Best Regards
ManX :D
Last edited by ManX on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Who do you think has more credibility here Boo? Iwouldn't take this guy too seriously, the internet empowers lots of f_ _ _ _.....................
Sounds like a simple language translation problem here.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

deleted. I meant to edit my above post and clicked quote instead :oops:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Estimating what your time is worth and charging what your time is worth is two different things. Ask Boo or Crazy Farmer.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Boo

Post by Boo »

Real McCoy wrote:Estimating what your time is worth and charging what your time is worth is two different things. Ask Boo or Crazy Farmer.
No kidding! The amount that fuzzy mentions does not take into account learning time, materials wasted when learning, wearing out jigs, buying several colours of string material and serving material, exacto knives, mistakes, wax, stringing aids, wear and tear on the bw limbs from the stringing aids, chronograph etc, etc, etc., Also not taken into account is pain and suffering in ones fingers and string cuts coming from making them repetitively. Now take into account that I believe my costs after shipping a string is something short of $20.00 a string and I take around an hour per string that leaves me $22.00 CDN to make per hour. I make a hell of a lot more than that in my business and the time is taken from my family. What is my time worth? Ask my family!
Now what fuzzy calculated in bare min costs isn't far off if you are going to make an endless loop string of one colour but why bother if you can buy a string every couple of years? Why bother if you can buy a new string for $20.00 from the bow shop? Now an endless loop string is a simple cheaper string to make with 28 strands but now why do I make 40 strand strings? How much more difficult is it to make a Flemish string? How much experimenting did I do to come to that conclusion? I even bought a sound meter to test with. My last order was around $1,500.00 for string and serving material. So I have a big investment and steal time from my family. Hmmmmm, what is that time worth? I might just stop making strings if I think about this too much.
Sorry Fuzzy, I am not upset at you for what you said. You stated pretty honest facts and I know you didn't intend to insult me and I hope you understand that the above was not pointed at you. I just had to make sure everyone didn't think I was gouging anyone here or charging big money.
Last edited by Boo on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good looking string there ManX.

I can tell you from experience, what Boo does is not quick nor easy. I went for a visit and Boo let me "try" to make a string. With Boo's help, it turned out very nice, but, it was hard work and time consuming. It even took Boo a long time to make one. He puts a lot of pride in his strings . . .I've never seen anyone pay as much attention to detail. And, the results speak for themselves.

Sure, you can probably make a string that would work in a few minutes after endless hours of practicing. . .however, it would be nothing like the custom strings Boo is producing. Besides, no more strings than I use(since Boo's strings last forever), I'd have to learn the entire process over every time I made a string.

The strings are worth every penny. I'm sooo glad I don't have to make them myself. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Great thread! I have something to do tonight, I will just need about 1000ft of dental floss :twisted: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!