excal moose video

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

excal moose video

Post by Carnivorous »

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

That was awesome footage!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
mikej

Post by mikej »

am i the only one that noticed that the rack looked alot bigger before the shot than it did after. it looked like a different moose all together to me
cdup

Post by cdup »

mikej wrote:am i the only one that noticed that the rack looked alot bigger before the shot than it did after. it looked like a different moose all together to me
It looks like the same moose and rack to me.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
verrykerry

I think...

Post by verrykerry »

I think it looked like the same moose... So can someone tell me how you handle something that large? I mean you obviously can't drag it out to the truck like a deer. Is some of the animal left? Only choice pieces taken with the hunter or something along those lines?

Kerry
Kerry in far N. Texas
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

They would gut it and then quarter it, I expect. That still makes the big pieces (hind quarters) very heavy to handle. Some guys bone out the animal on the spot, and just take the meat and proof of sex. That makes the load a whole lot lighter, but it's harder to cool off the meat if you aren't equipped at camp.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Same moose I believe. I mostly moose hunt up here. Can't count how many I have taken over the years. We normally 1/4 them up then pack em out with a quad. Have packed em out with backpacks lots of work. I have also found a strecher works well. Even used a wheel barrow once before I had my quad. Its a sure bet that a wounded moose will head for water, if you hit one and it does not go down it will normally head to water. Unless the ruts on and a cow is present then they head wherever she goes.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
mikej

Post by mikej »

we we get one if you can get it with a fourwheeler we just dress it then drag it with the bike. if you can't get to it you have to quarter it and then carry it until you get to a road or trail. you'll have to make a few trips :lol:
Big John

v

Post by Big John »

That's what I do also. Quarter it, backstrap it, and make many trips. :wink: Almost never take a Moose near a trail or Quad. But it does happen. Just not to me yet. :roll:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
mikej

Post by mikej »

same here john they always seem to head to the dirtiest places. oonce in a while you get lucky though
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Yup best moose are the ones I find on the drive into camp.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece