crossbow elevation question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

michiganman

crossbow elevation question

Post by michiganman »

i have not had the time and weather to shoot from elevated stand.When moving to height of 18-20 ft,will the scope still be the same.

i have always used a pendulum sight to 40 yards with a compound.If using a straight pin set up they are not the same.
my scope is set up at 20,30,40,50 yards on the ground.thanks JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Don't know about 18-20', but for me standing up in a 12' ladder stand puts the xbow about 16-17' above ground and I've found less than an inch diff in poi.
"Eze 18:21"
roly

Post by roly »

It's all about tragectry(spell check) , an over priced range finder with A.R.C. will tell you the true distance.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think you'll be good to go. I haven't seen that it makes much difference when shooting "minute-of-deer" ... for practical hunting accuracy, I believe your on-the-ground scope settings will do just fine.

You might want to ask Bob Stout ... he's our resident angles man! 8) :wink:
Grizz
dutchhunter

speed

Post by dutchhunter »

i have not had any problams with this as the bows today are fast enough to make upthe littel diff DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've got a Leupold RX-II rangefinder with ARC. At 18-20ft the range difference at 20-30 yards is less than 2 yards. With most of these bows shooting over 300fps, 2 yards doesn't make enough difference to worry about at normal shooting distances.

The only 'angle problem' you really need to worry about is on very close shots. Since most of us sight in for 20 yards you need to take a few shots at much closer so you learn to aim a tad low. At 5-10 yards you will hit an inch or so higher than your 20 yards crosshairs.

DuckHunt