Singing in the rain...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

That's fantastic Vix!!

Spend as much time with the little ones as possible. Before you know it you will turn around and they are all grown.

It goes by way to fast.
Old Buck

Post by Old Buck »

:) :) Mrs. Old Buck says glad it was such a productive day. Start them early and as you know father and sons are away together this week.( sons both trumped dad)
saxman

Post by saxman »

Great story and pictures.
Thats what it's about
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Congrats on a successful hunt !! :)
catcher

Post by catcher »

That is just awesome Vix. I have real good memories with my son hunting with me. The ones I will never forget. They get so big quick.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

Make sure to get a bird before your husband, and make sure to bring your son when you do it.
Hey, hey, hey, It's my turn tomorrow morning. There will be no "decoy" for supper tomorrow night.... I hope... :? :lol:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

knock em dead TPM!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Great story.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
mikej

Post by mikej »

TPM wrote:
Make sure to get a bird before your husband, and make sure to bring your son when you do it.
Hey, hey, hey, It's my turn tomorrow morning. There will be no "decoy" for supper tomorrow night.... I hope... :? :lol:
did you get a bird today tpm?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

TPM wrote:
Bring quiet toys for the little one, it is a great place to start the day! I hope you two have fun Tim! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

Well, nothing this morning. :cry: Lots of geese and ducks around but no turkeys. Beautiful morning to be out though. I think Vix is headed out there later this afternoon so hopefully she has some luck. If not it's "decoy" for supper again. :?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I took my 4 year old out this week and he lasted a whole hour, It was at least nice to get him out. I'll have him up to a few hours before Deer season :)
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

NewGuy, our little guy is 4 too. He was at his best for the first hour. It wasn't all wonderful. After that first hour it was a matter of meting out snacks to buy time, then asking him to tell me when he heard the next gobble (so he had to listen), hamming it up for the camera, playing with sticks, trying to catch the raindrops leaking into our blind, rocking in his chair trying to bump me (and giggling like it was the funniest thing ever), lots of potty breaks :roll:... Towards the end of his (and my!) limit, after I asked him to be quieter, he started a run of all the possible noises he could make without talking - burping, snorting, sneezing, coughing, ... :roll: Still, its a wonderful age. I really enjoy all the "why?" and "how?" questions he comes up with - it's exciting to share the experience with him.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bucont

Post by bucont »

VixChix wrote:NewGuy, our little guy is 4 too. He was at his best for the first hour. It wasn't all wonderful. After that first hour it was a matter of meting out snacks to buy time, then asking him to tell me when he heard the next gobble (so he had to listen), hamming it up for the camera, playing with sticks, trying to catch the raindrops leaking into our blind, rocking in his chair trying to bump me (and giggling like it was the funniest thing ever), lots of potty breaks :roll:... Towards the end of his (and my!) limit, after I asked him to be quieter, he started a run of all the possible noises he could make without talking - burping, snorting, sneezing, coughing, ... :roll: Still, its a wonderful age. I really enjoy all the "why?" and "how?" questions he comes up with - it's exciting to share the experience with him.
That is great Vix. My 23 year old still asks questions, just the answers are alot harder now ... then again maybe they are not. :shock: Enjoy!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

VixChix wrote:NewGuy, our little guy is 4 too. He was at his best for the first hour. It wasn't all wonderful. After that first hour it was a matter of meting out snacks to buy time, then asking him to tell me when he heard the next gobble (so he had to listen), hamming it up for the camera, playing with sticks, trying to catch the raindrops leaking into our blind, rocking in his chair trying to bump me (and giggling like it was the funniest thing ever), lots of potty breaks :roll:... Towards the end of his (and my!) limit, after I asked him to be quieter, he started a run of all the possible noises he could make without talking - burping, snorting, sneezing, coughing, ... :roll: Still, its a wonderful age. I really enjoy all the "why?" and "how?" questions he comes up with - it's exciting to share the experience with him.
My wife never packs me snacks when i go alone so it looks like we will be going out together lots from now on. There was alot of questions as well. We never heard or saw a thing but it was fun just the same. He had to wear Dad's face mask.