anyone find thermo cel cold blooded

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

anyone find thermo cel cold blooded

Post by munch »

i was out the other day when it was cold and thought i would light up before the bugs started.about 8 the bugs started and when i looked the flame was out but the gas was on. i put the butane canister in my shirt pocket for a 1/2 hour and it seemed to work fine after that.just wonder is it the gas or the unit thanks munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

now that you mentioned it I couldn't get mine to light on Sunday, didn't think much of as there was a good breeze
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A breeze shouldn't stop it once it is going, but butane does act funny in the cold, just like propane.
My Thermacell died 1 year to the day it was bought, second one had a wimpy flame so I brought it back too, third time is a charm, I am good to go again. I think I had a bad bottle of Butane, one bottle stopped 2 cells from working properly..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Sorry pyd meant to say because of the breeze didn't need the thermacell
so didn't think much of it not lighting, never thought of the cold
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

fogducker

Post by fogducker »

sorry to hyjack the thread for a min here..
i was playing with my thermacell a few weeks ago. t noticed they get a wee bit of warmth to them . so i was wondering if anyone uses them for a hand warmer in the stands in the winter?
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I had one last Thursday now I have 3. Winchester had a promo going that if you bought 2 boxes of turkey loads or 1 box of "supreme" turkey loads then they would send you a free Thermacell. I sent off 1 coupon because it said "one per household" and they sent me 2 brand new camo thermacells on Friday :shock: . I used mine on some chilly mornings during turkey season but it worked just fine.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

raydaughety wrote: Winchester had a promo going that if you bought 2 boxes of turkey loads or 1 box of "supreme" turkey loads then they would send you a free Thermacell. I sent off 1 coupon because it said "one per household" and they sent me 2 brand new camo thermacells on Friday :shock: .
I wish they would do some promos like that up here :cry:

mikej

Post by mikej »

raydaughety wrote:I had one last Thursday now I have 3. Winchester had a promo going that if you bought 2 boxes of turkey loads or 1 box of "supreme" turkey loads then they would send you a free Thermacell. I sent off 1 coupon because it said "one per household" and they sent me 2 brand new camo thermacells on Friday :shock: . I used mine on some chilly mornings during turkey season but it worked just fine.
wow nice deal
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Sorry Munch, I didn't mean to steal your thread :wink: .

http://www.winchester.com/marketing/pro ... ar-off.pdf -

A great deal but I don't think they were supposed to send me two :shock: . I know, I know. I can send it to................... 8)
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

what kind of cool temp are we talking about??
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bigsy wrote:Sorry pyd meant to say because of the breeze didn't need the thermacell
:shock: Man, our mosquitoes can fly in a hurricane! :P :lol:
Grizz
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

4 degree is fairly cold, butane has to boil to turn from liquid to vapour. Sealed in a little bottle it is no different than a bick lighter that wont light until we warm it up by putting it in our hands and blowing on it to warm it up. The warmer it gets the faster the boil. I doubt there is anything wrong with your thermcell unit. the unit is cold also and acts like an insulator so it won't boil into a vapour. Just like a propane tank in winter when it gets covered in snow. Get lots of calls about fireplaces not working and all you have to do is shovel out the tank so the outside air can warm it a bit so it will change its state. There has to be a temperature difference between the liquid temp and the outside air around it in cold weather. The case that the bottle sits in wouldn't allow that to happen.
Boiling point of butane 31.1 oF
boiling point of propane -44 oF
boiling point of natural gas -258 oF

butane is 2
propane 1.6
air is 1
natural gas is .8
As you see butane is the heaviest gas among the 3 when compaired with the weight of air.

Study up, exam for you's in the morning LOL

So now if your propane waterheater has a gas leak why is it so dangerious compared to Natural Gas ?
munch

Post by munch »

wheelie is it because it burns hotter and lights faster. thanks for the info.
still waiting to see pics of your old bow munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

A propane leaks falls to the floor because it is heavier than air where the burner is and natural gas is lighter than air and goes up to the ceiling. So you need a much bigger leak or alot more time with Natural gas
dutchhunter

heavyer then air

Post by dutchhunter »

hey how about carbon dieoxide is it heaveyer then air or will it float to the top .i always had my detecter close to the floor .anybody DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver