which string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

which string

Post by Shotnbeer »

When I bought my Vortex it came with a sting attached. I bought the Right Stuff Package which included a string. The Right Stuff string looks heavier. I put this one on my bow. Any difference in the strings?
(Probably get a Boo string down the road).
Thanks for the info.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

The one that come in the package is probably one of the Flemish Fast Flight strings. Is it kinda' black and white? You'll get more speed out of the Fast Flight string than you will the standard string. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Welcome to another fellow Pa crossbower.. From what I have gathered on the site is the original string is the best one to get used to the bow and that if you happen to have a dryfire the string is nore forgiving.. Boo even recomends getting used to the bow before getting a string from him
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
frank25

Post by frank25 »

i've use my factory string to get use to my xbow i just ordered a boo last week i have the exocet 200lb shoots nice with the factory string but cant wait for the boo
Rich

Post by Rich »

If they are stock strings they should be the same type, they may look different due to Excal getting them from several different string suppliers. That's the answer I got straight from Bill T. at a trade show a couple years ago.

Rich
Shotnbeer

shot it

Post by Shotnbeer »

well I shot my cb for the first time this morning. have a v-zone scope. first shot was 1 1/2 to the right at 10 yards but perfect height. took the adjustment covers off and both the top and right said, "up 1/2 click at 20 yards". Had to look a rifle scope to figure out left and right. Made the adjustment and shot the second arrow. dead on. shot at 20, 30, and 40. Unbelievable. wish I could sight a gun in this easy.

But here's the question. I started out with my string between the brace marks on the rail. now the string is forward by about 1/4 inch towards the limbs. does this call for a twist of the string. I guess you have to twist it quite abit in get it shorter.
thanks for the help again.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I love my Boo string will never go back :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yeah, give it a few twists. Your poi will change some w/ bheight changes. Leave it cocked over night a time or two to hasten the 'stretched in' process.

Some carry a spare string pre-stretched w/ end loops tied together to maintain the same bheight as when they took it off. A baggie works well in your pack.
"Eze 18:21"
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

I have two Viper-X strings and couldnt be happier.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Shotnbeer asked- But here's the question. I started out with my string between the brace marks on the rail. now the string is forward by about 1/4 inch towards the limbs. does this call for a twist of the string. I guess you have to twist it quite abit in get it shorter.

I guessed that too. So went searching for past postings and read where they recommend that you view the string from the end, and twist it one, maybe two turns at a time, counter clockwise. The counter clockwise is due to right handed people making the string and servings.

Also, with my Vortex, after about 150 shots, I have noticed that more than just the string is being broken in. The limbs seem to have become smoother. Not sure if it is the bow or me getting used to shooting it. Haven't read anything about the bow being broken in.

Congratulations on your choice of bow- that Vortex is a machine.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex