Arrow building help please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dlzinck

Arrow building help please

Post by dlzinck »

Took some measurements of my arrows yesterday before starting to sight in for the season. Found out my FOC is 9.5%. My measurement included the broadhead. Since I wanted to move that up to about 15% as recommended on this forum, I went to Cabela's in Wheeling last night. Headed to the archery department, flaged down some help and asked them for a heavier (brass) insert for my Easton 2216s. I was informed they do not cary anything for aluminum anymore. :shock:

Where can I get brass inserts for my 2216s? Is there any place in can get the nocks with the screw in holes to assist in fletching? My are solid acrossed the back. Where do you get those little screw in nocks?
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
skamaniac

Post by skamaniac »

I've been using aluminum inserts for nocks but i cut them down just so they weigh 15gr which gives me a better FOC, otherwise they weigh right around 30gr.
I'm building 2213s and using 2013 shaft pieces cut at 5" which fit perfect inside the 2213 shaft and glue them just behind the insert which gives me an additional 45gr. Weight forward technology eh? :lol:
'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not.'
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just get some 8-32 threaded rod and cut it to a length that gives the weight you want to add. Remove the insert, screw the threaded rod in the back end (a couple threads usually doesn't interfere with screwing in the point and I add a drop of glue to keep the rod in place).
Cheap and adjustable! :wink:
wabi
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

wabi wrote:Just get some 8-32 threaded rod and cut it to a length that gives the weight you want to add. Remove the insert, screw the threaded rod in the back end (a couple threads usually doesn't interfere with screwing in the point and I add a drop of glue to keep the rod in place).
Cheap and adjustable! :wink:
This I like .
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

dlzinck, I just love that Avatar you have 8) Made my day :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]