Ready for the meat!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lady Di

Ready for the meat!!!!

Post by Lady Di »

:lol: :lol: I know we have to wait till October( but ducks and geese come sooner). I am ready for the great white hunters in my clan to bring home the meat!! I have just spent the last 5 hours doing down a bushel of tomatoes into stuff to go with ???????. ( I still have 1 more to go for the winter but that can wait for another day.) Old Buck was even an excellant sous chef.( I knew I could get him trained eventually :o :o )
Good hunting!!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Does that mean you have emptied the freezers for ALL the meat we will shoot . :lol:
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Hey, it feels like October here. I just came inside. My feet are cold but also the rest of me is cold. Time to dig out heavier clothing for sure. Frost predicted for many areas tomorrow night. Probably would tonight if the clouds would clear out.

Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and hang a tree stand...after I shoot some more.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

B-Logger wrote:Hey, it feels like October here. I just came inside. My feet are cold but also the rest of me is cold. Time to dig out heavier clothing for sure. Frost predicted for many areas tomorrow night. Probably would tonight if the clouds would clear out.

Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and hang a tree stand...after I shoot some more.
I'm not sure what part of MI you're from, but I do know what you mean about the Oct. weather.
What's up with this? I'm looking forward to hunting, but I'm not ready to send summer away just yet.
Tell Al Gore that an early autumn is an unconvenient truth :?
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It was a beautiful cool-ish day today. Took a trip to the St. Jacob's market and it really felt like fall. Am ready for deer season right NOW! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
animal

Post by animal »

we start sep 12 . my first time with the crossbow :D
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am totally out of venison and can not wait for Sept 26 Lady Di, I feel sorry for the first deer that comes in range :wink: animal, I am expecting to see a photo posted of your success on your first year of crossbow hunting :) Good Luck
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

:lol: :lol: Bugs, I do can!!! That was a bushel of tomatoes into stewed and what we refer to as goulash sauce, the next bushel will be the same thing,then comes the garden home grown. Don't have to make pickles,relishes or such this year as I went wild last year.(good thing cuz standing for the hours is hard on the leg that came out of surgery in July.)As Doemaster referred to I have three full freezers on the go. Hope you have a great time with the 3-D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Did up some peaches last week - it was still a bit early. Plan to do some batches of tomato sauce - we go through that quite a bit in the winter. No garden in our too-shady yard but the local farmer's market is wonderful. Great to know what goes into your food. It's a bit of work, but like you posted, that "POP" of the jars sealing is one of the sweetest sounds in the world.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

bugs wrote:I think we better start a canning forum - the guys may kick us off here :lol:
They will have to kick me off as well. The Swede and I are putting up corn this week. I blanch it then cut it off the cob and freeze in vacuum sealed bags. Will probably do twenty dozen or so as the kids steal a lot of it when they come to visit, lol. Nothing like good fresh sweet corn all winter long.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) As long as I still can get canned goods from Lady Di or Vixchix . I sure won`t be putting up their names to go to another . :lol: