sighting in new equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzly72

sighting in new equinox

Post by grizzly72 »

Got the equinox all sighted in this evening.Per pydpipers instuctions.. 20 yards then out to 50 and just dial in the speed ring, then 40 then 30.. simply amazingly accurate killing machine, dam near out of the box.. I had only one problem when adjusting the speed ring i had to lighly tap the scope for it to make a difference.. i was a little low at 50 so after tapping the scope it came perfect at about 324..

there is a little screw on the speed ring in which i assumed i needed to loosen to be able to adjust the speed ring. I loosened it up and after dialing it in proceeded to tighten it up to lock it into that exact spot. I got it as tight as it will go but i can still turn the speed ring. Is this normal or is there a problem?? Thanks in advance..
peter p

Post by peter p »

That screw is not a locking screw. It does nothing to lock the speed ring.
Just remember the number it's dialed in on and make sure it's set there when you go hunting.
I've never had mine move.
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

I am wondering what purpose it serves??
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

checked again this morning took the screw out but cant seem to figure what its there for..
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am not sure what it does either, but I do know that there is no locking screw needed on that scope. I have beat mine up pretty bad hunting coyotes, that ring has never moved.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

ok thanks i guess i will just tighten it and leave it be. I will mark where it is now just to double check it doesnt move while hunting.

pydpiper your sight in instuctions where spot on, very simple and wow what a shooting machine. I am very accurate.. thanks