STS or NGSS or What?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdale

STS or NGSS or What?

Post by mdale »

After reading several posts, I have come to the conclusion that this is the most helpful forum I've ever been a member.

My ? is this. I have the Exocet 200. Just got it a few weeks ago. This CB is amazingly accurate. What I want to know is will the STS or NGSS void warranty, and does it make a big difference? What kind of string life can I expect without the STS or NGSS? My string slaps the crap out of the riser right now, but the accuracy is sooo good that I'm afraid to touch it.

Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.
Excalibur Exocet 200
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

either one is good, don't let string slap riser no matter how good its shooting! bring yer brace height above the lowest line down by the riser. no they don't void warranty they do help with string vibes and may reduce abit of noise you hear
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I like mine. I believe it helps me with my accuracy. But.....it is even more important that you manage the brace height, like he said.

New myself....but I think that any change in brace height changes the speed of the arrow. For example, a string that resides on the mark closest to the riser is faster than that same string set at the farthest mark. Not positive about that. Conversely, a string set at the farthest mark will yield a quieter and perhaps even, a smoother shot.

I have mine set at just under the farthest mark. Took some effort and time to set the string accordingly. I made a big mistake, early on with one of my strings. You must be careful to not unravel the string or your serving will also unravel. I recommend reading past posts about string management. The string is probably the most important element regarding accuracy. You will want your string to be in the same spot, or shot to shot consistency will suffer.

Adding a string suppression system is a great idea, and an even better one for beginners, like us. The fact that it reduces/changes vibrations is a positive step towards making your bow shoot the way you want it to. Many past posts to explore regarding both subjects. One recent one shows pictures of what members have done as far as positioning their rubber stoppers and how they have their brace height adjusted to accommodate the bumpers.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Wow! Another Arkie! Great! Welcome to the forum. Sent you a pm.
"Eze 18:21"