frustrated but waiting patiently

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

old fart jim

frustrated but waiting patiently

Post by old fart jim »

hunting a ridge top that is being used by 2 very mature bucks. one a huhge 8 and the other looks to be over 10 points. seen both on camera. I'm hunting close to 2 very active scrapes that are always fresh when I check. I just hunt everyother day weather permiting and always enter the area downwind. haven't seen anthing but does, and I have refrained from shooting one in this spot. may never see one of these guys during the day, but I'm patiently waiting :cry:
time in the woods is time well spent
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I am not a big buck hunter. Not that I wouldn't love to take one, but don't have the purity of mind to wait, and wait, and wait ........................... :lol:

Good Luck, hope you get one of em.

Long
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Wait if you must, i will continue my meat quest, :lol: go get one of them thar biggens
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

this is why we love the sport... ive got 10-12 mature bucks on camera here and have only see one of them this year so far! Its just a guessing game that takes alot of luck even when you do everything right. :D
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Its just unnerving isn't it. Like hunting a ghost. Best of luck to you. 8)
vinemack

Post by vinemack »

i have one thats playin with me l have seen his large bod in the dark 3 times now and this morning he was behide me grunting three time and left got a look at his butt as l turned and did not come back still havein fun good luck to you it will happen
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

As the Late Great Fred Bear said. The White Tail Deer is the most Illusive Big Game animal in North America!! That is why those Bucks are BIG! {They are Smart Old BOYS!!!} Isn't Hunting GREAT :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

I like that we can all hunt the way WE want.
Some are Big Buck hunters and some meat hunters and it's all good.
I like big bucks with meat on them.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

That covers it Very Well Scott!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
dumbdawg

Post by dumbdawg »

no matter what the weather is like i'll be out.deer have no place to go other than the thicker brush if its real bad.
old fart jim

Post by old fart jim »

got a glimpse of him with a doe, but no shot yet. good news is it was daylight :!: they didn't know I was there so I will be back
time in the woods is time well spent
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

It takes putting in the time necessary to score on the old timers.Don't give up. When it happens it usually happens quickly and with a surprise.
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Ok I'm gong to throw in my two cents, 1st don't change what your doing hunt the does, the rubs and the scrapes. You might want to move around a little within the area your hunting but not to far. and always keep the does close if you hunt the does the bucks will come. 2nd get in your stand early big bucks always leave fields first unless there chasing a hot doe. Also don't forget a large percentage of the of the larger more mature buck move between 10am and 2pm during the rut. I don't know why but its true I've seen and killed some really nice ones between those times during the rut myself.
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
gogo

Post by gogo »

Personaly I have patience but if a big 8 or 10 was around I would have even more patience, wait, wait is the name of the game. Hang in there for a while you may get your shot at them. good luck