ohio members question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vocajac

ohio members question

Post by vocajac »

i have a couple of buddies heading down to Dillon state park bow hunting, I'm thinking about letting one of them take the vixen with them . but can you use it at the parks hunting areas? i read somewhere longbows only, can't remember where and can't find it again. i want to make sure it comes back to me. so i guess my question is. can you use a xbow state wide or is there limitations in certain areas? thanks in advance
michiganman

ohio dnr

Post by michiganman »

email ohio dnr,or call.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/

they will email you in a day or call them.

1-800-WILDLIFE (1-800-945-3543)
or
e-mailing [email protected]
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hunting Methods

Unless otherwise indicated, game may be taken with longbow, crossbow, or any caliber handgun, rifle, shotgun (10 gauge or smaller), or airgun. Be safe and choose the appropriate method for the species.
As far as I know there are no restrictions on crossbows except for migratory waterfowl and some limitations of bowfishing (for rough fish only, no frogs or turtles).
ODNR site link
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I don't know of any reason why they couldn't use the Excal. Good luck to you friends.
PFerris

Post by PFerris »

Crossbows are treated the same for hunting deer as a long bow or compound in Ohio. See ODNR web site.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

PFerris wrote:Crossbows are treated the same for hunting deer as a long bow or compound in Ohio.
Ohio gets it don't they.

The buckeye state has proven time and time again that they are second to none in wildlife management and providing opportunities for sportsman to enjoy our resources.
PFerris

Post by PFerris »

Yes Mike P, sure has been nice to hunt with a crossbow for what 20 some years now and the limit for white tail is greater than rabbits now.

About 30 years ago there was no white tail season. They have made some great progress with turkeys too!
michiganman

ohio

Post by michiganman »

i thought i was going to be hunting ohio in 2 weeks,but lack of work,and no vacation pay cancelled it out.the ohio dnr was right on top of every question i had,and i had a email back from them in a short time.also in michigan if we had to register our deer at a check station,maybe michigans dnr could provide true estimates what really is shot,how many does are shot.its a joke how we do it.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado