Lumi Zone Scope?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

axis

Lumi Zone Scope?

Post by axis »

Can someone tell me if the Lumi Zone Scope good in low light shots? Dose it light up on all the yardage points? Is the lighted points clear when you turn the scope on? Would you say its worth getting to make that low light shot. would you recommend this Scope? The Vari zone Scope in low light, just foreget about shooting the hunt is over. You can't see the crosshairs.

Axis
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

i got the veri zone and like it but ied sure like to have the lum my fathernlaw has it and i like it gives you a extra 10-15 mins of shooting time
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have both and the lumi is a little better. I can see just fine through both. Once it's too dark to see through the scope, then it's time to go home anyway.

What's ya shooting on the Island?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

With the Lumi Zone Scope I find I can hunt until pretty much the last moment of legal shooting time, even with a full leaf canopy, here that is 1/2 hour after sun down. Before without the hairs lighting up I would be able to see the deer body but not the crosshairs.
axis

thanks......

Post by axis »

Thanks for the info Czy Horse. When it light up dose the cosshairs look the same as when its not light up. And what color is the light?

Axis
marlinchester

lumizone

Post by marlinchester »

I love my lumizone but will probably never use the illumination anyway.
It has the largest objective lense of any crossbow scope I have ever seen and therefore is a "brighter" scope in lower light conditions than all others.
I find the crosshairs blinding when on in low light and when hunting at ground level they are illuminated from the opposite end too!! Don't need anything else to spook those big bucks in my opinion. The only time I may see a use would be a darker target such as Black bear or wild boar neither of which i've had the opportunity to hunt yet so I'm just speculating.
Are you hunting wild pigs or what out there in Hawaii ?
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I really like my Vari-Zone but now that you mention bear hunting I guess the Lumi would be a good way to go. Can't believe I never thought of that.
:oops: But one question: When the switch is turned on is the cross hair fine and sharp or fuzzy?

Long
michiganman

lumizone

Post by michiganman »

i had both the varizone and lumizone.during last 1/2 hr i turned on the scope on.i hunt dark areas and it worked well.for last 10 minutes i had to turn it off as it would take out the target. i found it easier to pull up on a deer,and see the crosshairs lite up on the deer.when not lit ,looks like the varizone scope,you can see all the lines in the scope
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Thanks for the info Michiganman.

Long
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

The crosshairs light up red in colour, intensity/sharpness can be controlled buy the variable control knob on the side of the scope.
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Hmmmm, may have to put a Lumi on my acquisition list.

Long
bbbwb

Lumizone Scope

Post by bbbwb »

I have this scope and like it very much. The intensity of the red crosshairs/chevrons is adjustable making it great for low light through to bright sunlight. It certainly allows to superimpose the crosshair/chevrons onto the deer in those last few minutes of shooting time.
I recommend it.

bbbwb
axis

Axis Deer.........

Post by axis »

Marlinchester, Its AXIS DEER....And boy it is GOOD. They like to come out right when you can see them and you can't see your crosshairs. and I can't take it anymore. So I'd order one from Dan Miller. Now if I can see them. Its to bad so sad, suck to be them........You can't gril it, till you kill it.
I hunt to eat. Thanks for all the info guys............. :wink:

Axis
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Lumizone and love it! for all the above reasons.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I've gone back and forth on this one. Have two Lumis and a Hawke MAP without light. Lumis are bigger but have adjustable aim point to match the trajectory of the arrow. The slightly larger objective bell does transmit more light and gives a larger field of view. The lighted reticule will give you approximately 10 minutes more of shooting time; but won't help you find the deer you shot in the dark. Now, if I can't clearly see the spot I want to hit, I don't shoot, regardless of which sight I'm using. Close enough isn't good enough in this case.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!