Hunting in the heat of summer.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spaerorob

Hunting in the heat of summer.

Post by spaerorob »

How long should you keep a 225lbs excalibur coked when the temperature is around 37 celsius,98.6 ferenhiet and for a good 9 hours of the day and in the direct sunlight it might get a bit hotter and does lbs make a differance due to all the limbs being the same. Thanks if you can help.
blackjack

Re: Hunting in the heat of summer.

Post by blackjack »

hey dave the property that l shoot at on the nullarbor it boasts temperature's of 52 to 55 degrees in summer, that'll sort em out mate, in 1977 it was so hot the birds were dropping out of the sky (true storey)...regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think you'll be fine according to what I've heard ... but if you want to rest easy, drop Bill Troubridge a note.

He's the Pope around here! :P :lol:

His statement will be the final say! 8)
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

They say heat isn't good for an Excaliber, but a couple years ago I left mine in a hard plastic bow case for an entire day, in he direct sun, mid summer.
The string was junk, it stretched so far that the limbs were almost as relaxed as they would be with no string at all, probably as hot as you could make the bow, for several hours.
It had absolutly no affect what-so-ever on the speed or accuracy.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string