Most Popular Excaliber

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xs109c2

Most Popular Excaliber

Post by xs109c2 »

What is the most popular Excaliber crossbow? I know the Equinox is the Flagship but is it the most popular?
Excaliber Exocet & Relayer25
Ten Point Phantom
saxman

Post by saxman »

I would imagine the top seller is one of the mid weight range bows not the #225's
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Great question, do you mean of all time or of the latest models? I would like to see everyone's opinion on this. As for my opinion as far as all time I would have to say the Exocet with the Vixen very close behind. As far as the latest models I would have to agree with any of the choices in the 200lb draw weight category.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

I've got an Exocet.

Don't know if it is the most popular but it definitely is the most accurate and accounts for the most game taken in any category in any given season!!! :)

Take care...
wabi

Post by wabi »

Without a doubt, the Phoenix has to be the most popular model.
It is plenty of power, and still light and easy to handle. And both of my hunting buddies that have shot mine now own one, too.
Excalibur just made those other models to prove to the Phoenix owners they had made the best choice. :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by wabi on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would have to guess that the faster models are the most popular for first time new bow buyers. Speed sells.

I would also guess a lighter draw weight bow are more popular with the excalibur experienced.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I Like the Exocet Deluxe 175 and it is a tack driver for sure,,, :wink: :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I think the Excalibur is the best hands down.... :roll:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I chose the Exocet 200 for it being right in the middle. For both cost and speed. It to me was the same as the Max, just the shorter in draw length. So made the same as what I assumed as the top of the line. I've been extremely happy with my choice.
Why ride when you can walk!
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I scooped up a deal on a Vortex 200lb a few months back and am very happy with the way it shoots.
Tenpoint Matrix
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I think all Excaliburs are great and the reasons for choosing one over another are wide and varied, and all very personal.

I have an old carved tip exocet 165 and just love it to death, it was my first Excalibur. It has killed a lot of bucks.

I then upgraded and bought a Phoenix from another forum member. I wanted a crossbow with the mag tips so I had better string choices.

My next will be an Ibex. And after that a Vixen II. And after that a Vortex and, well, you get the picture.

I also think I will start plucking some old Excaliburs out of the marketplace when I find them. There is just something that is so smooth with the old carved tip bows, the just feel good.
Stash

Post by Stash »

I'd be willing to bet that our store sells more Excaliburs annually than any one other retail establishment. That's for walk-in customers - I wouldn't have a clue how many Dan Miller or other businesses might sell by mail order.

Our biggest seller this year has been the Phoenix Light Stuff package, closely followed by the Equinox package.
hiking

Post by hiking »

I don't know what one is most popular, but excaliber is the best. this just happened tonight.
I dropped my exocet 200 from the tree stand (don't ask) I was 18 ft. up and it landed in pine needles, all I could think was I broke a limb or surely the scope is shot, it fell cocked with no arrow in it. when I got to it I checked it over in the dark and it looked ok. it was still cocked but the safty was off. I uncocked it and headed to the truck. I couldn't wait till morning so I stopped at a dirt mound, put the truck lights on a coffe cup and paced off 30 yds. I cocked it and loaded a field tip, dead on, hard to believe. I wouldn't recomend this test, but it's nice to know you have top notch equipment.
exocet 200
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It's got to be the Phoenix or the Vortex, or was that the Vortex then the Phoenix? I forget. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
K31Scout

Post by K31Scout »

Maybe an Excalibur employee will let us know. I'll bet it's one of the thumb hole stock versions. I have the Exocet 200 but it's the only Excal I've shot.