Pennsylvania

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikdor

Pennsylvania

Post by mikdor »

Hi all you PA hunters
the wife and i were on our way our way to Florida and i noticed quite a few vehicles parked along hyw.79 south of washinton and saw one hunter dressed in orange so are you hunting with ml's or traditional rifles and are doing any good.i'm from central Ontario about 3hrs. north of Toronto and I love were I hunt but was very impressed with nice looking deer habitat in Pa.
Hope to get some replies thanks mikdor
radio2operate

Re: Pennsylvania

Post by radio2operate »

December 12th was the last day of rifle season here in Pa. Western Pa. has the largest deer kills in the state and also the most chances for a quality buck. Western Pa has a four point restriction on one side compared to the other parts of the state having a three point restriction per side.Since the restrictions have been put into effect I have seen many older bucks and greater antler size.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Only 1 hunter dressed in orange, hunting pressure must be down. When I was a kid in PA, the roadsides looked like parking lots and the woods like a pumpkin patch during gun season. I always loved the late muzzleloader season and having to use a flintlock.

Rich
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

In ne. Pa. The deer herd is down, Cant hardly see a deer let alone a shooter buck. I just retired and this was the worst season I have ever seen. We dont need a 2 week doe season.
Stosh