Arrow Length???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinpoint

Arrow Length???

Post by Pinpoint »

Hello everyone,

Very new to this game. I see that Excalibur recommends a 20 inch bolt for all of their models. I am wondering why some of you guys are shooting shorter bolts. What is the advantage to a shorter bolt, pros and cons etc.

Is it to save weight??? I've been told that the longer the arrow the more stable it will be in flight.

I ordered a Pheonix from a local dealer, but I went there last night to look around they got a sweet exocet with the old vixen stock sitting there slightly used for a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the pheonix I ordered. The quandry has already started and I don't even have my bow yet !! :D

Thanks for any help,
Pinpoint
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Limbs and Sticks

Re: Arrow Length???

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This is just what I've found to be true, the firebolts that come in a package deal shoot just as true as any arrow you can make for hunting, I tinker with mine for more speed, so my advice is to use what comes with it, learn your bow then decide what you think you should use and have fun in doing it, good luck

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Re: Arrow Length???

Post by vixenmaster »

As bstout posted most of of us use the 20" arrows. Those that go shorter are seeking abit lighter weight fer speed.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315