Is an STS really worth getting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Re: Is an STS really worth getting?

Post by Pydpiper »

Boo wrote: They are a tiny mom and pop operation that make the STS and that's all I know about them.
The term "tiny mom and pop shop" is usually intended to give people that warm and fuzzy feeling. A far cry from the company that not long ago allegedly vowed to hire an international lawyer, and make their money suing any person or company who makes a product that resembles theirs? Have the downsized or something lately?
A crossbow is only made up of so many parts, with the exception of the trigger it seems every part has had someone take a run at improving.
Custom stocks that cost more, understandable so.
Custom strings that cost more, understandably so.
Custom arrows that cost more, understandably so.
custom quivers and mounts that cost more, understandably so.
Custom scope mounts that cost more, understandably so.
Each one of those is merely a reflection of the original, they are all copies of some form. More importantly, it offers us a chance to support our members. I don't think any of our "tinkerers" here set out to take over the world.
The isolation of a select few is not only costing us options, but it is now starting to cost us valued members.
My reason for insinuating a connection to STS is because you have a thread running on every crossbow forum regarding them, you contribute to every discussion and you went out of your way on your web-page to ensure that nobody buys "THE COPY", you promote and recommend the use of a STS but at the same time make sure nobody explores any other options.
It is difficult to understand how a person can condemn one product for being similar then on the same web-page have a link to Gagnon sports, who is a dealer for Maximus, which is a "clone" of the Excalibur. It's either about "copies" or it's not.
In my opinion, the product newguy hand produced is by no means comparable to an item being mass produced by a company that is not willing to listen to their customers. And no, I do not have any part in newguys creation, I am just a bit set back with the direction this forum has gone.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bdog

Post by bdog »

If you do buy a STS,contact new guy and perhaps he will sell some of his adjustable rods,his rods will replace the ones that come with the STS, I switched the stock ones for his and they work great no cutting
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

The NGSS is a superior product and it's too bad Newguy stopped making them.
I have a set on my bow and it is great to be able to adjust the stopper with a new string.
Tenpoint Matrix
weezy

Post by weezy »

I have a Bucks and Ducks set on my Phoenix.It works great for me even though I cut my rods down it wasnt that big of a problem for me.I just use my stringer to twist/untwist the string so its seated properly.I do think thats crap about them trying to sue better made versions of what they came up with :roll:
Last edited by weezy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

I love the STS on my exomax. The most noticeable benefit is reduction of the vibration and it shoots quieter.
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
TPM

Post by TPM »

The NGSS is a superior product and it's too bad Newguy stopped making them.
Agreed... :?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger