Arrow Pullers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Re: Arrow Pullers

Post by raydaughety »

mmecrossbow wrote:No, it's a great habit, thank you! :) OK, the reason I ordered two of those targets is because they were a good price and "appear" to be good quality (the several reviews were very good both for broadheads and points), so I thought this way, I'll be set up for quite awhile. Being brand new to crossbow, I also felt more comfortable having a couple of them next to each other rather than run the risk of damaging an arrow. So, that was my rationale. I appreciate knowing about other targets people are happy with and are a decent price...so, thank you!
I can see your reasoning and you are correct regarding messing up arrows because if you shoot for the same spot every time, you will be spending some money on arrows. Those targets should work fine for ya :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mmecrossbow

Post by mmecrossbow »

Thank you, yes, I'm hoping that I actually got two decent targets for around the price of one, and they'll last awhile. Now, I just have to sight in my red dot and make sure I'm hitting them! :lol:
raydaughety wrote: I can see your reasoning and you are correct regarding messing up arrows because if you shoot for the same spot every time, you will be spending some money on arrows. Those targets should work fine for ya :wink: .
Excalibur Vortex Lite Stuff Red Dot Package
Cheekpiece
mmecrossbow

Post by mmecrossbow »

Thank you, so about the lube, I know nothing about that. Are you putting a thin coat on the arrow and how much of the arrow and how applying it? Also, is that lube welcome from the crossbow where the arrow sits? Or, does that raise any issues as far as the bow?
N8tr Boy wrote:As one of the "puller guys" in Vix's pics, the only way to go is Danny Miller. We also use Scorpion Venom as lube. It makes a HUGE difference in how much force is needed to pull.When using the Exomag and Scorpyd where the penetration is usually deeper, it's nice to be able to pull easy. you do break some graphite arrows but only if they go into the Harder parts of the frame of the 3-d target.
Cheekpiece
mmecrossbow

Post by mmecrossbow »

Lucky you! :D OK, so you're saying just lube the first few inches (meaning from just behind the point?). Thanks so much for the specifics, it makes ALL the difference! There just aren't "directions" for some of this stuff, you can only get it from those who know! :!:
VixChix wrote:Always great to have N8rBoy on a course - he's used to doing brickwork and can make pulling those tough arrows look easy. :D

Like Mark said, good lube makes a big difference. Just lube the first few inches though.

If you use the Danny Miller puller, grip the arrow, twist it 1/4 turn to break the arrow's "weld" to the target, then pull STRAIGHT back. If you pull up or sideways you risk breaking your arrow.

Aluminums are much easier to pull than carbons, but with lube and a Danny Miller puller even I can pull most carbons. :D
Cheekpiece