Tagged out on jakes!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

Tagged out on jakes!

Post by perrysbirds »

Well this is the fastest turkey season for me yet.I get into my spot this morning and get setup around 5:15.Again this morning no gobbling at all.
Around 8am I must have not been paying attention as I look at my decoy and there is a hen standing next to my lone hen decoy.She leaves after a stay of 5 mins or a little more and I figure thats it for the day.Well was I totally wrong.I hear my daughters school bell ring off in the distance at 8:50 as Im thinking to myself Im soon going to head out as its only a 5 min drive back to the house.I decided to push the striker accross the call one more time and when I do so,"Bingo" he cut me off :D
Well all I can say if he didnt gobble he would have been on top of me in 30 seconds because I pulled the trigger as soon as he was in my sight,and i had another one flopping on the ground.Another 12.5 jake!
I step up right quick to run after the bird to make sure he is going nowhere and right out in front of me is another jake and a longbeard that I didnt know was with him.Who knows if I was more patient I might have got that longbeard.I just cant beleive that its over so fast for me.Now if anyone needs a person to help carry decoys,call,hold your hand :lol: ,film etc I would be glad to go out on a hunt with you.Obviously it would be on my days off and within reasonable driving distance.Now thats turkey hunting.When I dont get the rush and the heart pounding or if ever it becomes to easy,which I dont think will happen,I will quit!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
j.krug

Re: Tagged out on jakes!

Post by j.krug »

Nice...very nice indeed!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Who wants a old tough 20lb bird anyway, good eating and CONGRATS

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
secret

Post by secret »

Congrats!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Congrats on ending your season!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.