Excal Flemish String

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichJ

Excal Flemish String

Post by RichJ »

I just picked up a new string for my Equinox.(part number #1989) I went to install it and it seem about 1 inch or more longer than my used stretched in factory string. I didnt even bother installing it after i held them side by side. The old string rests a hair inside the high brace height line farthest from the bow riser. Do all the models take the same string? Do I just need to put a gazillion twists in this string?
casper

Re: Excal Flemish String

Post by casper »

Yes sir, twist it up, thats how you adjust brace height. The flemish style string needs to be twisted fairly tight to avoid coming apart. Just make sure you twist it the right way. :D
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

All I can say is "Dahm thats alot of twist" I put it on and it was so long the brace height was the string resting where thr rail meets the Riser of the Bow. Well, a twisting I will go!
casper

Post by casper »

If your used to the standard excel string, the flemish fast flite will seam alot differant. they are two completely differant animals. Don't worry your do'in it right. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

Rich, post a pic and then some of us can compare with yours as far as the number of twists.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
KBW

Post by KBW »

:shock: :shock: :shock: IT'S FAST TWIST IT UP :wink:
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Sorry for responding so late. Just got back from Punta Cana today. I counted the twist and I'm upto 25. Even w/o shooting with the new string its has creeped from in between the 2 brace height lines down to being about a string width on the WRONG side of the shortest brace height line.
casper

Post by casper »

That does seam a bit much. Are you sure you are twisting it the right way? Make sure the ends aren't coming undone. I'd call Dan Miller, he'll probably replace it for you. I would hold off on shooting it, till you talk to either him or Boo. :? You can talk to Boo on this forum or call Dan at 740-483-2312.
KBW

Post by KBW »

RichJ wrote:Sorry for responding so late. Just got back from Punta Cana today. I counted the twist and I'm upto 25. Even w/o shooting with the new string its has creeped from in between the 2 brace height lines down to being about a string width on the WRONG side of the shortest brace height line.
:shock: GET A NEW ONE
2010 EXCALIBUR VORTEX FLEMISH DYNA STRING RIGHT.STUFF,PACKAGE
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Im upto about 31 twists and thats placing the brace height about dead center between the 2 brace height marks. I think I will call Dan Miller a call tomorrow. At this point Im not going to shoot it.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i had to twist mine a LONGGGG ways.... make sure you are twisting each side(different directions)... it takes a good while to get that string broken in. I like to put mine on about 2months before shooting and let it stretch, so its ready when I start.

you will find that the serving wont last long at all though... I would hit Boo up for a string now so you have a good string before hunting season rolls around

but its not uncommon to have to retwist that string after about every 20 shots untill its broken in
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

It has been over 2 months and this string is still stretching. (only about 50 shots at most) I took it out of the case today and the string stretched from dead center brace down to the shortest brace height line over the past 2 months. I shot it about 20 shots and it stretched down to the shortest line again. It took about 2 twist to get it back to dead center. Should I look into getting another string? I used Fast flight stings back in the day on compounds and it always took a couple hundred shots to get everything stretched in. Is this normal for this string?
casper

Post by casper »

It's normal, just shoot and have fun, and keep an eye on the brace height. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All right lets not gey hasty here, :lol: Make sure you keep it twisted above the lowest B-line next to riser. If you shoot midway between lines keep it twisted there. Its not going to hurt the string to twist it. Thats the FFF string i have a few of them thats 5 yrs old going on 6 & they're still creeping!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

That why our god (Peter) made the Stringer. Whenever one of mine setts a tad I get stringer it. Takes me less than one minute...no lie. :mrgreen:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!