Axiom ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim22

Axiom ??

Post by Jim22 »

I understand that the Axiom is basicly a Phoenix without the dis bars and a different camo job - so with the dis bars it is basically a Phoenix with a different camo job.

Now then, have any of you actually shot the Axiom and the Phoenix? If so how do they compare side by side as far as noise level and speed. I suppose the Axiom would be a little louder due to the lack of the dis bars but other than that do they both feel the same in balance.

Currently shooting a Vixen and like it pretty well just thinking about going up a little higher in poundage just for the heck of it and trying to do it cheaply. Thanks for any info you can give me.
crazyfarmer

Re: Axiom ??

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you want to up poundage then go to the vortex since they would be more worth the hassle of upgrading. I dont think you would see a huge difference go justify cost by just going up 25lbs in draw weight.

you are right on about what you said above also.. Axiom was made to sell slightly cheaper. You can add the other parts it lacks later on if you need.

but if it were me and I wanted to upgrade I'd go with the vortex to make it worthwhile 8)

goodluck
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Just a Vixen on steroids. Jimm22 you have a PM also
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would love to see a review of the axiom! My guess is that it will not be much louder than another excalibur of the same draw weight with dis pads.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

You're right scott, I would like to see one also. So far I haven't been able to find anyone who has actually shot one.

The Vortex would be a better option crazyfarmer if I were taller. I've tried it and the powerstroke is too long for short folks, at least for me. And Yep, I have a crank-a-roooooooo I sometimes use in a treestand. Pain in the butt to use but beats getting down and going back up.

Anyhow just something I've been thinking about. If it didn't work out I could at least put the stock and limbs on my Vixen. Might just get a Boo string and be done with it. Thanks again.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I would stick with the Vixen. I shoot a Exocet 175, I took the pads of and left them off for now. I have been playing around With strings. Before hunting season
they will go back on. Will do a before and after test.
You can also fill the rail with form to quite it down along with upgrading the string.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

i have the Axiom, i installed an STS on it right away and it is no louder than my Exocet with STS and dis pads. but get this, the Axiom is crazy dead nutz acurate!!! i was putting 4 arrows into a 2 inch circle at 50 yds all day long yesterday with the very scope that the bow came with, i see no need for dis pads.....luv this BOW!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

What scope came with the bow? How does it compare to the varizone? I think its great that excal is offering this package and hope it takes sales from the very chinese and "canadian" clones that copied excal!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

one shot scott wrote:What scope came with the bow? How does it compare to the varizone? I think its great that excal is offering this package and hope it takes sales from the very chinese and "canadian" clones that copied excal!
it's a 2.5x32 and it's just says Excalibur on it, it is a multi retical and the ten yard incrimints are right on the money. mine is sighted at 20, 30, 40, 50.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

And there is one for an incredible bargain on the Trading Post to boot.WOW