STS for Equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hazmat

STS for Equinox

Post by Hazmat »

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing STS, I have read here that some models require modifications
Gannon sports in Oshawa has STS in stock made by Bucks N Ducks will this fit on my Excalibur Equinox with out any modifications?
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
awshucks

Re: STS for Equinox

Post by awshucks »

Hard to tell. My STS didn't need the rods cut to use my prefered bheight of 1 1/8" [touching high line].

Cutting the rods is no big deal, 5 min w/ vice and a hack saw. Boo showed how cutting the rods lets the bumpers rest against the blocks for more support, but since my Boo strings are made for that bheight, here's what I did to add support to bumpers w/ rubber fuel line.

"Eze 18:21"
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

awshucks wrote:Hard to tell. My STS didn't need the rods cut to use my prefered bheight of 1 1/8" [touching high line].

Cutting the rods is no big deal, 5 min w/ vice and a hack saw. Boo showed how cutting the rods lets the bumpers rest against the blocks for more support, but since my Boo strings are made for that bheight, here's what I did to add support to bumpers w/ rubber fuel line.

And not all of their bumpers are the same. Mine look slightly different than yours. My bumpers were also a little long and would bottom out against the riser versus on the post so I had to trim off about 1/4 inch off the bumper. I also had to trim my posts about 1/4 inch.
Why ride when you can walk!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan has the original bumpers that came when the STS first came out. I think they are the best version.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Boo wrote:Dan has the original bumpers that came when the STS first came out. I think they are the best version.
How well do they hold up? Are replacements available?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Once I figured out the ins and outs they seem to last forever. If memory serves me I think I stopped testing after 500 shots on my Pheonix. If you go back there is a thread on the bumper longevity.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

Has anyone heard anything with regards to Excalibur coming out with this as an accessory for their crossbows? Last I heard from the forum here was that it was due out by hunting season, which of course is quickly approaching. Anyone from Excalibur perhaps give an update on this if they can?
Boo

Post by Boo »

They will be non-adjustable and the brace height will be 1". When is a good question. They are still under development.
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

Thanks for the reply Boo!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just because i was bored i took my vortex sts and tried it on a parker buckbuster.it fit but i need much longer rods.when i called bucks -n-ducks they said the rods were 3/8 aluminum. i wanted to make some of my own rods in different sizes. i went to lowes hardware with sts in hand and found the 3/8 round aluminum stock was a little too big. i also tried the 3/8 rod from an old bow cable guard and it was too big also. i then wondered into the isle with the: for-sale signs -and mail box stuff and found a driveway type reflective post for 5$.its the type that is a reflective post on a rod and you push it in the ground. its made of white smooth fiberglass . the rod is very strong and fits nicely and as a bonus is lightweight. i cut it with my high speed arrow saw blade to keep it smooth. works great and could make about a dozen sets out of one post for my sts. i even camo dipped the rods to match the x-bow . rubber hose tube fit over top would probably be easier and look nice too.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The rods vary in diameter. I have 3 full lengths and two of them fit and the other will not enter the hole.