Boo's Trigger Magic

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JBO

Boo's Trigger Magic

Post by JBO »

Boo's magic touch......
I sent my Vortex trigger assembly to Don for his magic touch. After receiving the trigger back I was excited to get to the basement and assemble everything an give it a test run.
Let me first say boy's and girls don't try this at home. Really, Don knows what he's doing and he doesn't change the weight or sear. Besides being a danger to yourself and everyone around you it would probably void any warranty from Excalibur.
As I was assembling the bow I noticed the string claw was also reworked and had a mirror like finish. After assembly and checking everything twice I pulled my custom Boo string back, locked and loaded firing a few down range. Well, after the first arrow I was surprised but in a good way and couldn't wait to load another arrow just make sure what I had just experienced. All I could say after each time I loaded and fired an arrow was "WOW " what a difference.
Excalibur's trigger's are pretty good to start but after Don worked his magic it's closer to spectacular now. It's smooth and crisp and a pleasant surprise when it goes off. I put Don's trigger work in the same high quality as his Boo custom strings and for those of us fortunate enough to shoot his strings know the passion he puts into his work.
Thanks Don great job

JBO
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
awshucks

Re: Boo's Trigger Magic

Post by awshucks »

Yeppir, Don's a gentleman and a scholar!! I've two Excals currently that he's offered trigger jobs on. Gonna wait til he comes down again and let him do them then, lol.

So I can watch.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well Boo comes down i will be there & we can watch his magic & go Hog hunting.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JBO

Post by JBO »

awshucks wrote:Yeppir, Don's a gentleman and a scholar!! I've two Excals currently that he's offered trigger jobs on. Gonna wait til he comes down again and let him do them then, lol.

So I can watch.
Yes, Don is a true gentleman, refreshing to see someone still have trust and faith in his fellow man.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
wabi

Post by wabi »

awshucks wrote:Yeppir, Don's a gentleman and a scholar!! I've two Excals currently that he's offered trigger jobs on. Gonna wait til he comes down again and let him do them then, lol.

So I can watch.

You could apply for the position of USA trigger tuning rep. :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Don does a great job (and KNOWS what he's doing), but I just can't bring myself to take my Phoenix apart and send off the trigger when it's already great for hunting. :roll:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

awesome:) Glad to hear its working great for ya 8)
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

don did my trigger too, i also noticed the polished string claws also....thx don, great work :wink: ....the exocet shoots better now........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.