Cold Weather Socks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

Re: Cold Weather Socks?

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Wool pants, wool shirt, wool socks, works for me, I've never heard of a sheep freezing :lol: This is if I know I'm going to set all day.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Boo

Post by Boo »

RichJ wrote:Boot Blankets! Problem solved.I ALWAYS had cold feet and tried everything from Flip Flops to Pack Boots. I just wear whatever boot I needn get on stand and slip on the Boot Blanks and I can go till my stomach growls!
Without question, the best thing since sliced bread for sitting sub-zero temps.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
deer nut

Post by deer nut »

The boot blankets really work. When you leave the house put a couple of the large hand warmers in each boot blanket then when you get to stand take shoes off and put feet in boot blankets for a warm all day sit. Trust me this works i am a southern boy and i learned this the hard way on my first trip to Saskatchewan.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bstout wrote:My late Grandmother used to say, "Wear a good hat or your feet will get cold".

Boy there is alot of wisdom right there....head gets cold hands and feet suffer for it..its a proven fact..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

deer nut wrote:The boot blankets really work. When you leave the house put a couple of the large hand warmers in each boot blanket then when you get to stand take shoes off and put feet in boot blankets for a warm all day sit. Trust me this works i am a southern boy and i learned this the hard way on my first trip to Saskatchewan.
Take your shoes off? They are designed to leave your shoes on and slip right over your boots. :lol:
deer nut

Post by deer nut »

I know they are supposed to go over your boots but if you take your shoes off and put your feet in with those big handwarmers you will not have cold feet! Try it
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I used to sales rep for Hothands a cpl of years ago. I never used any of the samples I would give them away. Once your feet sweat its the beginning of the end.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Tenpoint Matrix
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I make sure my feet are very clean and then dust them with foot powder then a pair of 100% wool socks. I have my favorite pair I use just for sitting in the deer stand. As a lot of people have stated on here, soon as you feet are damp you "WILL" get cold feet.

TrapperBob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies