Lumi- Zone scope level

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JBO

Lumi- Zone scope level

Post by JBO »

I have a Vortex with a Lumi-zone scope mounted on it. I want to put a anti-cant device level on the dove tail sticking out from under the scope. I'm not sure if it will even fit but thats not my question or first concern.
I'm wondering if a Weaver-style would fit the luim-zone scope dove tail?
Any suggestion on a level that you use would also be greatly appreciated.
I'd like the style that sticks out from under the scope for the ease of looking at it when shooting with both eyes open.
I have them all on my rifles but there integrated into the ring, makes a huge differents shooting consistant groups especially at long ranges.

Thanks for the help

JBO
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
awshucks

Re: Lumi- Zone scope level

Post by awshucks »

You can mount a level on the riser also. Danny Miller sells the levels. I took a 3rd ring for scope and filed off the weaver lip and put a level on it. Not as handy as I thought it would be. Too high.

You might be able to just mount the level to the back of the mount. Epoxy or carpet tape?

I also came to the conclusion unless you are going to seriously compete, the levels aren't worth the hassle for hunting, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
JBO

Post by JBO »

awshucks,

hmmm.... reading what you did I may reconsider the level idea.
I shoot my rifles all year and I'm a little anal, I'm always looking at my level when shooting to check if I'm canting. Who knows what I do or what happens in the minute of truth.
Being new to whole crossbow thing I may be over thinking. I just feel like with any sport, good habits are developed just as easy as the bad ones. I'm trying to carry over good shooting techniques by developing a consistent shooting routine, from the time I load an arrow to pulling the trigger, establishing good form and technique. I know it sounds a little anal to me too. lol
Thanks for your suggestion
JBO
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Did you [a] put a torpedo level on rail align vert hair to a plumb bob line when you installed your scope? If so, you can eye ball the limbs level as you are shooting when hunting and be as close as needed for hunting ranges.

The levels really shine when shooting 3-D and some sadist has you on a slope ect. I'll root thru my pics:
3rd ring

fitted onto dovetail [only one hole in non-Excal level]

drilled and tapped on riser

JBO

Post by JBO »

awshucks
Now that's what I'm talking about! You have more bubbles on that thing then the Lawrence Welk show, great pic's. Great looking crossbow, I especially like your shooting set up, looks like it's out the door.
The picture with the level on the riser, if you had it on the other side would you see the level position shooting both eyes open?
Yes, I plumed and leveled everything everything.
Thanks
Jbo
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

This is what I put on my varizone. I like that it is right there on the scope so it is easy to check before the shot. I feel that it makes a difference on the longer shots.

Bob

http://www.mwgco.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S ... gory_Code=

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:This is what I put on my varizone. I like that it is right there on the scope so it is easy to check before the shot. I feel that it makes a difference on the longer shots.

Bob

http://www.mwgco.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S ... gory_Code=

Now that's a class act, Bob!

Fwiw, those pics w/ levels mounted I posted are all different Excals.