Phoenix Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wn

Phoenix Brace Height

Post by wn »

We got my son a Pheonix for Christmas. We are getting it dialed in for next month. We shot it at Christmas but havent touched it in several months. I was going to setr the brace in the middle of the 2 marks and adjust fom there. I noticed the string was at the furthest mark from the riser. The problem is there are no more twists to take out of the string? Is there a longer string?
vixenmaster

Re: Phoenix Brace Height

Post by vixenmaster »

Don't take out twists even if string is above the high brace line. Just cock it leave it overnite to let string creep & shoot it. Make sure not to let string creep lower than the low brace line.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Has the string been on since x-mas? It should stretch some more.

I like to keep mine about 2 string widths below the top line.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Boo

Post by Boo »

One inch will give you the best of what the bow offers.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wn

Post by wn »

The bow has not been strung since Christmas. We strung it about a week ago. the string is at the mark furthest from the riser. I would like to get it midway between the lines. If I twist it more it moves out of the lines, if untwist it anymore all the twists will be gone. It is the string that came with the bow.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You want a few twists in the string. It will make serving separation less likely. Leave the bow cocked over night or a day with the safety on and out of the way for safety sake. Shooting the bow will expedite the creeping process. You can also wax the string and give it a good rub with your hand to warm up the string which will also help.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Boo, when you say one inch gives you the best the bow has to offer, do you mean that the string should be one inch from the riser?
Thanks in advance. :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup the sweet spot on Excals is 1" to 1 1/8"
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

My Pheonix (purchased back in April with stock string) has always been strung and shot maybe 100 times is riding at the high brace with a few twist to keep to serving from seperating shoots fine out to 40 yds. which is over what I would shoot at a deer.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

wn wrote:The bow has not been strung since Christmas. We strung it about a week ago. the string is at the mark furthest from the riser. I would like to get it midway between the lines. If I twist it more it moves out of the lines, if untwist it anymore all the twists will be gone. It is the string that came with the bow.
Mid way would be too low shoot the bow and then shoot some more had the same problem with a Vortex the string did stretch out to the 1 1/8" mark.
Tenpoint Matrix
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pinpoint wrote:Boo, when you say one inch gives you the best the bow has to offer, do you mean that the string should be one inch from the riser?
Thanks in advance. :D
The string should be an inch from where the riser meets the rail. In the picture the inch is between the string and point A. When using Dacron strings, pay attention to whether or not the string is hitting the riser. Look for wax on the riser. When you find the brace height you like then mark that spot on the side of the riser for a quick and accurate reference. At one inch a high performance string like the factory Dynaflight string will not hit the rail when using a one inch brace height.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Thanks Boo!!! & Vixenmaster!! :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings