MD Archery Season Opener Sept 15 2010

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Philzleads

MD Archery Season Opener Sept 15 2010

Post by Philzleads »

Anyone Xbow hunting in MD? The season is actually broken up into 6 pieces. Good news is Crossbows are now legal for all archery seasons in MD.

PA - Archery season opens Oct. 2nd. Crosbows are legal statewide here as well.

Anyone Excal hunting in PA?

In MD where I am, relief from the heat is coming. Balt set a record for most days over 90 in a summer. Frederick, MD set the US record high back in July at 105 ! Its been hot, I haven't cut the grass since maybe June.

C O M E O N F A L L ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Vortex
Boo String
Groundpounder
Crispy

Re: MD Archery Season Opener Sept 15 2010

Post by Crispy »

You guys in MD. are lucky! Were feeling a little nip in the air here in Pa. and yes, my vortex and I will be hanging from a tree Oct 2
Crispy
Philzleads

Post by Philzleads »

I wish we had that same nip in the air. I'm in exile here in MD, wishing I was in PA where I could still carry legal. Job sit being what it is, I live here and travel to PA to hunt and fish. Lived in York and Harrisburg for years. Hunt Tioga, Bradford and York Counties now. Flyfish Penns Creek near Bald Eagle state Forest. Come on Fall !
Vortex
Boo String
Groundpounder
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

What part of York Co. do you hunt? Ive been to Tioga and Bradford counties but never hunted there. I heard the pickings are slim "hardly any deer" but I've seen some monster ELK! I hunt my family farm becouse its only 10 min. away, not alot of deer but do see some nice ones once in awhile.
Crispy
Philzleads

Post by Philzleads »

York county just south of Felton, near Crossroads. My brother has some private land near there.

Yes I don't know what it is about the northern PA tier. Some say its bad PA Game mgt., others say there is a lot of poaching. I just don't know. Last year, Out of 6 guys hunting 3 days, only one scored a buck, and I was the only other guy to even see deer, all baldies. Worst part of that was two of the guys were my nephews, first time out, don't want them to get discouraged. But we had the normal fun in camp.

This year, the antlerless permit allowances were waaayy down from last year.
Vortex
Boo String
Groundpounder