Recoil Pad Question???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Redneck Plumber

Recoil Pad Question???

Post by Redneck Plumber »

Has anyone installed a recoil pad on their excal?
I was thinking of installing one. I really don't have all that much meat on my bone's and I thought that it might help. I noticed that after about 20 shot's or so my shoulder get's a bit of a sore spot from the narrow plastic butt of the stock. I am used to shooting rifle's and have put the rubber recoil pads on a couple of them and was wonering if it will affect the performance of a crossbow.

RP
huntfishfam

Re: Recoil Pad Question???

Post by huntfishfam »

I could be wrong but it seems to me a crossbow has fore-coil not recoil. With the string moving foreward with tramendous velocity and stopping suddenly it seems to pull the bow foreward. Whatcha think?
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

huntfishfam wrote:I could be wrong but it seems to me a crossbow has fore-coil not recoil. With the string moving foreward with tramendous velocity and stopping suddenly it seems to pull the bow foreward. Whatcha think?
Sean
g'day, when sight in l use a outers gun rest, l hear what your saying but l hold the bow lets say the exomax hard & tight against my shoulder even though its in a rest l still hold it tight so there is quite abit of shock from the bow being fired. frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Nothing like my Ruger .44 mag or my PA Hunter .50 caliber sidelock or even my .380 Kel-Tec but I defiantly feel a bit recoil from my Exocet 200.
Redneck Plumber wrote:Has anyone installed a recoil pad on their excal?
I was thinking of installing one. I really don't have all that much meat on my bone's and I thought that it might help. I noticed that after about 20 shot's or so my shoulder get's a bit of a sore spot from the narrow plastic butt of the stock. I am used to shooting rifle's and have put the rubber recoil pads on a couple of them and was wonering if it will affect the performance of a crossbow.

RP
Check out the second post here about using a length of pipe insulation for cheek piece or butt extender. Should also work OK as a recoil pad... http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=34993

Bill K.