Had a heart scare!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lakelover

Re: Had a heart scare!

Post by Lakelover »

Todd good to go to the ER.

I used to be an RN. I had unstable angina for a couple weeks. Ended up in the local ER and they did a 15 lead ECG not just 12 lead. I was in an ambulance to Regina in minutes.

Took 3 days to thin my blood so had an angoplasty and a stent put in. The Doc said it was genetic defect. That was 11 years ago. Still going strong. Dad and Oldest 2 brothers had many problems. I was 42 at the time, same age as my Dad's first heart attack and same age as my late brothers last heart attack.

As I was taught and have seen to many times. MEN try to ignore the signs and symptoms of Heart Attack. They will wright it off as gas, nausea, heartburn etc.

This semi Macho additude leads to wasting valuable time getting treatment.

I remember waking up drenched in sweat, dull pain in chest and bad pain in the back. weird feeling in left arm under the pit to elbow. Felt fine the would return. I should have phoned 911 not driven 40 miles to hospital. that is another story

I have had to force people to go get checked out, none of them regretted it!!

Take the time to take First Aid CPR please.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I had an episode where my heart was skipping beats this summer. Worried me enough to call my doctor and make a trip to his office that same morning.
All tests were well within normal range and the heart resumed normal operation a few hours later.
Then a few days later it happened again.
My wife figured it out right away, and my doctor confirmed she was most likely correct. It was from drinking a new tea I had ordered - it contained ginseng!

Hope your tests come out good, but you might want to think back to what you had to eat and drink that day. :wink:
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Todd, glad your doing ok. Listen to the Dr's so you can get back out in the woods. Praying for you. Keep us posted on how your doing, best of luck!
Crispy
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Keep on top of it Todd. Prevention is worth a pound of cure or something. Glad everything turned out OK. We all need your experience here. Take Care.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Glad to know you're ok.

My dad takes medication for that. Happens to him quite often.
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Extremely relieved to hear that you are doing alright. I just turned 44 last week and I'd being lying if I said that health issues like that happening to myself don't ever cross my mind. Hopefully you never run into that problem again. :)

On a lighter note, I just wanted to say that quiver mount you sent me is awesome on my vortex.It balanced the xbow nicely and now I can use the carry sling effectively. Andy
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

My wife had the same thing. The danger with A FIB is a stroke from a blood
clod formed in the heart. My wife had it bad. She had a heart abrasion,
they go into the heart with 2 wires and get it into AFib ,then burn the spots in the heart that are causeing the problem. My wife is still on blood thinner.
They can also control it with medison in some people.
The doctor told us A Fib is not uncommon and some people have it once and
they may not have it again. My wife was having it constantly and it was really making her sick. She is disabled now and she is doing better but she still has to see the doctor a lot. I hope you are doing better Todd and have no more problems.
Tenn.

Equinox
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

I'm glad your ok!! Smart move going to the ER. Im 38 as well you never know about these things. I hope you have no future problems.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Glad to hear you are OK!

I'll bet it was the movie you were watching . . .you got to be careful watching the hunting DVDs at the beginning of hunting season. Those big bucks get my heart to fluttering too. :lol:

That care!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

My mother was diagnosed with A FIB when she was in her 30's. She'll be 85 in December. Take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders and you'll be around for a long time.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Sounds like it may have been the movie. Look at the credits and dont view any more of that producers flicks! :?
Exomax
Lumizone
Boo Trigger
Firebolts
125 Stricnines
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

sipsey wrote:Sounds like it may have been the movie. Look at the credits and dont view any more of that producers flicks! :?
Funny the the movie is now mentioned again! I didn't say what movie but it was "Book of Eli" :lol: Go figure!

I get to go run on the treadmill this afternoon!
Why ride when you can walk!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

[quote

I get to go run on the treadmill this afternoon![/quote]

Good luck with that stress test.. I get to do one Nov 1 .... :?
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

groundpounder wrote:
sipsey wrote:Sounds like it may have been the movie. Look at the credits and dont view any more of that producers flicks! :?
Funny the the movie is now mentioned again! I didn't say what movie but it was "Book of Eli" :lol: Go figure!

I get to go run on the treadmill this afternoon!

A lot of folks have heart issues in that movie. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen