vortex accuracyi

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

vortex accuracyi

Post by masboy »

i got the six 2114 xx78 super slams done 110 brass inserts squared,weighed,2inch blazers.spin tested,spun in high speed drill .no wobble four arrows weigh the same one 1 gr. heavy . total weight 450 gr. shot at 30 yd. 5 arrows all in 1inch bull almost center of every bull went to 50 yd. shot group little over 1 inch 4 touching took fore finger and thumb aroundall 5 arrows. then shot 1oo gr. muzzy .30 yd. dead certer 1 inch bull. then 40 yd. dead center 8 inch low . then 50 yd dead center 21 inchs low all shot in light wind.done testing . shot the gt11s not near as good but ok for hunting some shot good some strayed a little. did not all spin as good as super slams out of dozen weight of shafts varied 5 gr. from lightest to heavyest. no more gts for me will buy all super slams. done with my bow now going to play with sons equiniox .
Tenn. Equinox

Re: vortex accuracyi

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Goods going Masboy , aluminums are hard to beat. I shoot the same except I shoot 2117's in my Equinox. Wish I could find some of the older Super Slams, Easton used to make before they changed them. My 2117's weight 500 gr. and with a Hawk map scope sighted in at 20 yd. , the other cross hairs are dead on to 60 yds. :D
Tenn.

Equinox
masboy

Re: vortex accuracyi

Post by masboy »

ithink i,ll try some 2117 in my sons equinox .tryed to get 2219 super slams at lancaster archery the other day they told me there no longer made.i know one thing the straiter and closer the weight the better.it,s gone to be super slams for me.