axiom trigger better than equinox?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

redeye

axiom trigger better than equinox?

Post by redeye »

Does a 175 pound bow give a lighter trigger,my equinox seems to have more creep and heavier pull than my sons axiom.My sons axiom has a very good trigger.I like my equinox but the more I shoot his axiom I'm beginning to wish I got a 175 or 200 pound bow.My equinox doesn't seem to shoot any flatter untill you get past 40 yards and the trigger is heavier with lots of creep.Is it because of the extra 50 pound pull.Is there a way to get it as good as the axiom.
vixenmaster

Re: axiom trigger better than equinox?

Post by vixenmaster »

Trigger assembley is the same but equinox has longer trigger i think because of stock. The weight held by claws with 50 lbs more will be diff feel its alot of weight to hold.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Re: axiom trigger better than equinox?

Post by Boo »

The triggers units are all the same and the actual trigger that you put your finger on is different on a thumbhole stock bow. The two bows having the same trigger unit means that the creep is the same between bows. What makes the triggers feel different is mostly the poundage of the bow (higher=more sear pressure) and to a lesser degree the trigger angle. The trigger angle on thumbhole stocked bows is quite a bit forward so when you pull the trigger ypu are actually pulling down and back in a circular fashion which is not food for trigger feel.
Some people just like stepping on rakes