Custom Triggers from Boo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TannerMag

Custom Triggers from Boo

Post by TannerMag »

Hi all,

I am fairly new to crossbows but not new to archery. I have been shooting recurve and compounds for 25 years and have thoroughly enjoyed tinkering with my new Phoenix!!

Like most of you guys and gals I enjoy massaging every inch of performance out of my equipment. I have noticed in forums and research Boo custom strings and Boo custom triggers.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding the above mentioned Boo Products and services.

Thanks and remember to take a kid hunting and fishing whenever you get the chance!!

TannerMag
bob1961

Re: Custom Triggers from Boo

Post by bob1961 »

you don't have a boo string yet :shock: ....well what are ya waiting fer :roll: ....mine has worn great after 500 shots so far, just a little claw depressions so far....

my trigger is smooth as snot now without the rough dragging feel it had before boo got it....i couldn't wait to wear it in by using it :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Most of you guys know that I am a big fan of Boo Custom Strings. I've tested about every string out there(extensively) and none can go "toe to toe" with a Boo. The quality is superior from the materials used to the talent that's put into the making of the string. I've witnessed the process first hand and I know the attention to detail that Boo puts into his strings. They are awesome strings.

However, if I only had enough money to do one thing and I had to choose between a Boo String or a Boo Trigger, then I'd have to go with the Boo Trigger. This statement will probably surprise everybody except the guys that have had Boo do their triggers.

The trigger makes everything better. My accuracy, my shooting experience, my string wear(regardless of brand), my confidence . . .all these things get better with a smooth trigger.

Boo needs to have a combo special. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have used Boo strings fer several yrs & have one on my vixen right now. Trigger work is the same top notch 1st class!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I put a Boo string on mind in fact I ordered two right away. I don't shoot 3D or any other competition, just for hunting. I've had it for two hunting seasons and the string shows NO wear on it. My bow is quieter and faster. At the pace I'm going, there was no need for the second string. Boo custom strings are the best I have ever had or will ever need.
Now the trigger is just plain smooth and sweet. No need to add to that. :D
Last edited by agingcrossbower on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Not only is my trigger smooth as silk, but the safety is quieter too as it clicks off, and serving life has increased.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
maple

Post by maple »

Where have I been??? There are Boo triggers???
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The difference in the trigger is nice! Smooth. Positive. Crisp. Predictable. It releases right where I expect it to with no coarseness or clunky-ness. The best way I could describe it is to say that once the trigger was done I didn't notice the trigger at all. It felt totally natural.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
LUDDY

Post by LUDDY »

Hey where can I get a Boo trigger for my ibex ---- I guess from Boo :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Ibex
Groundponder Mount
Firebolts
G5 montecs
Varizone scope
S5 string stop

Remember life is short take somebody hunting
TannerMag

Post by TannerMag »

I appreciate all the feedback and you can guess where my trigger assembly will be headed after hunting season!! :D
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I just have a Boo string and it was money well spent. He is also more than happy to help a person out with questions etc. I don't remember if you said, but if you haven't checked out his site you should.

Long
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

x2 on the combo special!
Crispy
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

I have 2 boo strings...to be honest, I have used the first one extensively and have taken 3 deer with it over 2 seasons...and the string keeps on ticking...Boo's strings have improved the performance of my crossbow noticeably

I was unaware that boo did trigger adjustments...If the adjustments are anywhere as good as his strings, sign me up!!!

XCaddis
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

not really adjustments but a good polishing to the internals and string claws :wink: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
redeye

Post by redeye »

My equinox doesn't have the great trigger my sons axiom has so I took the trigger out of it and polished the claws and spayed a little CLP in the internals.The trigger rocks up towards the rear and has a lot of creep in it but it shoots 2 inch groups at 40 yards sitting leaning against a tree with rage practice head so I am happy enough.The trigger looks like it would need somebody who knows exactly what they are doing so I didn't try to work on the internals,the pins are in snug and no diagrams around to go by.Now that I know how it works it seems easier to work with.If I had to do it all over again I'd get a traditional stocked bow like my sons axiom since the trigger is better for feel and I don't think the 225 pound pull is actually needed for deer and the string and serving would last a lot longer.My string has held up so far but I wax it a lot.I really like excalibur quality.If I get another one it will be a traditional stocked one,probably a phoenix.I've shot horton and barnet crosbows and they didn't seem very good to me or my son,too heavy and not as good quality.