last day hunt for me........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

last day hunt for me........

Post by bob1961 »

my son has an appointment today at 1pm so the afternoon hunt is out, saturday my 2 of my older girls and family are coming over for a rib BBQ....saturday is PA's last day for fall archery so i headed out back today where i got my doe in oct....nice 32 degree sunny mourning and i was sitting on top my rock where ol miss doe was taken....bout half hour after i was there a spiker comes cruzin through, in PA we need 3 points to one side on the 2/3 eastern side of state so he was safe :roll: ....nice big body he had that i'm sure would have tasted just fine :lol: ....he had no idea i was there as he stood there 30 yds away looking around....so i thought i would have some fun with him and i did a few tending grunts followed by an agressive long drawn out grunt, to make him think i was the big boy in town telling to get away from my girlfriend :lol: ....his hair got all stood up on end all over his body and his tail lifted ever so slowly to the "oh crap" state of mind :lol: ....he looked in my direction to see where i/he was....then he went back in the direction he had came from bout 20 yds and stopped and looked back with a snort :x ....i snorted back at him followed up with a real loud long really aggresive grunt telling him he had bout 5 seconds to get outta dodge, he got the message that time and trotted back from where he came from....i watched him as he went across the road then covered bout 100 yds more through a grass field till he went out of sight :lol: ....sat there bout another 45 minutes to see if any does might show up to party with my exocet till my hunting was done for the fall archery season....great way to end the season messing with that little spike buck :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
vixenmaster

Re: last day hunt for me........

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey thats a great way to close it up & had yerself a good time at the spike's expence :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Great story!!!
That's a hellava way to end the season! :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

that was just fall archery season, PA has rifle for two weeks after thankgiving and then flintlock/archery only dec 27th to jan 15th for three more weeks....that gives me five more weeks of deer hunting with 3 tags to fill :twisted: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Doesn't always have to end with a kill to be a memorable hunt. Sounds like you had a great hunt to end the season.
wabi
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

thought he was gonna bust me i was laughing so hard at him :lol: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.