testing eclipse arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

testing eclipse arrows

Post by masboy »

i cleaned snow from bench and dug out sand bags. some wind blowing 5-10 mph.put my nikon on vortex. my varizone crosshairs floped over 4th shot i guess i,llsend it back.ijust put on new excel string .ihave two bent arrows ishot them anyway.all groups 30yds. 2114 eclipse 110 brass insert 2inch blazers 4 degree off set 125 heads .the two bent ones 1-5/8,1-3/8 group all groups 3 shot groups. 3 arrows shot 5/8 inch group.2 shot 3/4 inch group. 4 out of the 5 had two in almost same hole and one off a bit. other 5 shot one ragged hole i covered all 5 groups with dime no hole stickng out. 4 of the five groups from dime group same poi.other one 1/2 inch off.all groups shot hit 1 inch white square or almost touching it. got cold will test gt11 and firebolts later. all groups shot were shooting same arrow three times.
Old Jim

Re: testing eclipse arrows

Post by Old Jim »

Very interesting. Wondering how I can put this information to good use.
masboy

Post by masboy »

i,m hunting with 2114 super slams there the same as eclipse pretty much ,these arrows fly great with 100gr fixed broadheds,or rage. now i,m hunting with 100gr 4 blade muzzys and 1 rage in my quiver .had to resite my bow today since scope took a sh was shooting 1 inch left ,1 inch high compared to 125 target points moved it over after shooting all the groups today.deadly in center of 1 inch dot with 100 muzzy ,shot 100 target point next in case i shoot rage at deer.same hole as muzzy .got to love that excalibur.i shot rage before same as field point.will be shooting broadheads in group test soon.testing gt11s next.also have fire bolts somesame combination of comp. also firebolts with blazers with out 110 brass insert.stock firebolts 4inch fletching 150 tips.bolt cutters.gone to test all.i know no two bows shoot the same .just checking dff. arrow comb with each other for acurracy .maybe one of these will shoot great from your bow.
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Try 2117s with 110 inserts and Blazers
Tenn.

Equinox
masboy

Post by masboy »

planing to try some 2117 in my equinox there what i would like to shoot in it.with 100gr. and 125gr. heads.
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

If you shoot 2117's with brass insert and blazers with 100 grain broadheads, they fly great. If you are having scope trouble, this setup in your Equinox will shoot 20-30-40-50- 60 yds. dead on with a Hawk Map scope. Arrow will be flying 315 to 320 ft. per sec. Quieter bow, easier on limbs, plenty KE . 500 gr. arrow.
No inserts pulling out. Heat inserts and turn to tune broadheads with hot melt glue.
Tenn.

Equinox
masboy

Post by masboy »

can,t wait to try your 2117 set up sounds great. iv,e been useing hot melt works great. i find the aluminum so much better to work with .the weighs of dozen shafts so much closer on aluminun.and no inserts coming out.and easy to heat and turn. speeds not the top of my list but acurracy is. still shooting excel string and hope to get boo strings one of these days.i hope they shoot great in my equinox and vortex for hunting .would like to shoot same arrow in both. thanks for imfo.good luck hunting.