Phoenix or axiom that is thy questiok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

okdeerslayer

Phoenix or axiom that is thy questiok

Post by okdeerslayer »

Ok I have decided on these two but other then that I have no clue so what's everyones apinion ill be mainly huntin deer an predators yotes cats maybe a black bear or three so id like everyones input thx
vixenmaster

Re: Phoenix or axiom that is thy questiok

Post by vixenmaster »

You don't like T-hole stocked Ibex ? Of the 2 you picked & if'en yer funds ok the phoenix. If cash flow is tight the Axiom if ter looking fer a pkf. deal
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

Add a vortex to the list also I just shot one an love it I hate bow shoppin I want them all lol
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well how do you plan on using it ? Just hunting with casual target bag shooting ? 3-D's ? A combo of all ? Vortex is a fine model & you would get great service fer a life-time from one.
Half Bubble Off BD360

okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

Mainly hunting may get into 3d in the off season to keep my skills honed
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Have you tried the Ibex?
It's basically the phoenix with a thumbhole stock.
Any of the excals will do for the list of critters your huntin...I just think the 175's give you that balance of power and ease of use.
But there's nothing wrong with the vixen or the heavy hitter's!!!
If I could afford it I would have one of each!!
Try them all and choose what works best for you...you won't go wrong with any excal !!!!!
Good Luck !!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
frisky

Post by frisky »

I have a Phoenix. It has all the power I need. Five of six deer were pass troughs. There was a good reason no pass though on number six. Its all on how far you want to chase the arrow on the far side.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
wabi

Post by wabi »

Only the name on the other side of the rail really matters. As long as it says Excalibur you got the best! :wink:
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Vortex is about same length as the phoenix. Its really all about what you want in yer Heart ? No matter which one you finally choose its the best!
Half Bubble Off BD360

okdeerslayer

Post by okdeerslayer »

Lol in my heart I want 3 of each lol plans for new bow are on hold due to academys return polacy they don't take croasbows back reguardleas so after I sale the horton then ill have my second true love my first is my decked out 17hmr with thumbhole stock nikon scope an bipod
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Before the new bows came out I would have said Axiom (Phoenix without D bars) BUT then new Axioms have a composite rail rather than a metal one. That's a now go option for me. My Phoenix is great but then so is the Vortex. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Is every Axiom as of now going to be composite, or is there an option between the two?

Im just curious, but what is it about composite rails that people do not like? I have never owned one but it seems like there would be a possibility of it being relatively tough depending on what its made of, and lighter??
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I think there will be the 2 Axiom models. What i don't like about composite stock/rail as one. I am not up on the tech. of them & scared they will warp bend or other wise become mishapened. Then i will being holding the bag warranty or not & thats my Fear.
Half Bubble Off BD360

muskiewannabe

Post by muskiewannabe »

I myself have decided on the Axiom in the next few weeks when the time comes. I have heard the whole composite debate but the way I look at it is that should it warp or wear funny or anything like that that Excalibur would see it and help me out through their warranty. I hope I am not being naive but from everything I have read and heard, Excalibur stands behind their product and should there be a manufacturing error they would surely try to resolve the issue. Should it wear funny or warp I wuold consider that a manufacturing issue.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think your 100% correct! I trust that when excal puts out a product they have done their research and like you say, warranty has never been an issue. In my opinion I think I may actually perfer the composite one.

Welcome to the forum 'muskie
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-