Crossbow differences

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: Crossbow differences

Post by awshucks »

Rare is the woman that can spot an inch or two of rail diff, lol. Vix and Lascha exceptions withstanding. :mrgreen:

I've had all the reg stock models except for a Phoenix and I tried for one of those, but got the Ecet mis marked from factory. By the time I found that out [damn Danny] a year later, too late, was in luv.

Gotta say it and Vixen are my favorites. Sweet and saucy.
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Vormax wrote:[
In the end they all hurt if you do not keep your thumb down or slip out of the stirrup while cocking. :shock:

100% true! big, BIG owies!
I love my Y25, but my "thumb" puckers just a little everytime I shoot it now. Dont ever do this. Ever. ever ever ever. Ive done it twice. Dag gum! ive got a dumb thumb
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

Badapple wrote:Vormax
Did you find any difference going from thumbhole to a traditional stock.I'm also interested in purchasing either a Phoenix or Ibex just cant decide which model. Tested them both just not sure which route to take?
Can only speak for myself. Had to buy the stock x-tender for the Vortex. Stock just felt not right without, but again that's me. I personally tend more towards the traditional stock. On the other side, the TH is not bad at all neither with the x-tender.
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

one shot scott wrote:
Vormax wrote:[
In the end they all hurt if you do not keep your thumb down or slip out of the stirrup while cocking. :shock:

100% true! big, BIG owies!
I love my Y25, but my "thumb" puckers just a little everytime I shoot it now. Dont ever do this. Ever. ever ever ever. Ive done it twice. Dag gum! ive got a dumb thumb

OOH Man, i feel sorry for your thumb......
strum

Post by strum »

Boo wrote:
strum wrote:The more i hear, the more im thinking about a lower poundage model..
anybody want to trade their Ibex ,or exocet for a exomax? just fishin..
No, no, no, no! You must have at least 2 Excaliburs! :mrgreen: Repeat after me! My wife won't say anything, my wife won't notice, my wife wants me to be happy, my wife likes to see me smile! :mrgreen:
Just got back,,curious to see what my fishing trip had produced :P me thinks yall are turning me 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Well I only have bought one CB and that was an Axiom (old style) this past summer.

Had never shoot any other CB, but some Verticals long time ago.

First 4 shots at 20 yards had a 1 1/4" group. on the target where I was aiming.

Way impressed. Took out the camera and got a pic. Posted here somewhere.

I have shot many rifles, handguns, shotguns. To me this was just a back pat to good research, and a Canuck company to boot.

Ok so after shooting for a couple days DW wanted to shoot it. I helped her cock it and snap hit the target 1st time. ( she has shot a wee bit of rifle and did get 1 antelpoe years ago). Evil grin from her. So she shot for a while and just loved it.

A few friends have shot it and were impressed. All these guys have hunted with rifles and bows.

Youngest daughter ( 19 ) who has no interest in guns what so ever, now wants to learn how to shot the CB ?? WTF ?

Unfortunalty due to work and tons of rain I only got out with the CB a couple times and did not get any good opportunities to use it.

I st get an Axiom and get shooting.
2nd let DW shot the CB.
3 rd get her a Vixen or like and make it sound like a second wedding.
4 get camo bikini for her. ( Optional)
5 get extra arrows and points as they run away never to be seen again.
6 repeat.

FWIW when I got my Axiom I also had the lucky opportunity to take a BIG fall and break two ribs and a good wack on the brain. I could not draw the string so I got a rope cocker. Made it easy.

My target is under about 4 feet of snow now, I have not shot any deer eating at the bird feeder. Flinch, tick, tick, :)

Waiting till spring and when the gophers come out.....

And i Did get permission from an away fellow that owns land behind my place, so I can hunt his land. Just have to replace a few rotted fence posts and post when I am shooting. AHH life is going to be good this sumer.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!