New Cocking Device by TenPoint

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: New Cocking Device by TenPoint

Post by wheelie »

DaGriz wrote:Man oh Man!! If I had one I sure wouldn't be mentioning it here!
Are you a closet Ten Point man?

LOL j/k
Tom

Post by Tom »

Old Jim wrote:I'm sure it will work fine for the first few months. I'm worried what happens when it gets dirty and shows wear.
This might work at appealing to gadget geeks. But for me, I have concerns of how it will work in real hunting conditions. For me those conditions include, rain, snow and freezing temps. Even if the rope is 100% water proof, when it retracts it will draw water inside the casing. Now you need it at the end of the night and it has become frozen as the night temps have dropped.

If I was in the need of a cocking device, I would use the most simplistic device available to me to do what I need. I have a fear that something will get in the way (a failure of some kind) so that it will not work when I need it most. Keeping it simple for me is the best.

dutchhunter wrote:i agree with you on this 100% how can it be safer to shot a bow after a hunt when most times it is dark . using the rope to unload your bow is by faR THE SAFEST WAY THERE IS . i can just see this thig freezing up when you need it the most .DUTCH
For over 30 years I have hunted with a crossbow. I have never yet used anything other then my hands to uncock my hunting bow. And, yes I do uncock the bow after every hunt, even unstring my limb. But if you need a rope cocker to uncock the bow, then it comes back to keeping it as simple as possible.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The Accurope isn't really new. It's just a spin-off of the Acudraw-50, an accessory which is permanently attached to the stock, and has been out for years
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Cool idea but I like the simplicity of the rope.

Hey wheelie try a hook for a hammer or any other similar tool holder you can hook hang your rope cocker over it on your belt.
I am going to make one up and if it works out I will bring you one at the Elmira shoot.
Tenpoint Matrix
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Dereck wrote:Cool idea but I like the simplicity of the rope.

Hey wheelie try a hook for a hammer or any other similar tool holder you can hook hang your rope cocker over it on your belt.
I am going to make one up and if it works out I will bring you one at the Elmira shoot.
ya might work good. or even a pouch on a belt you could put the handles in and just let the string hang down. Hunting you could put it right inside the pouch and snap it shut. Just have to find a weak cop I can beatup and steal his handcuff case. Keep my eyes open at the donut shop for a nice plump one that can't run fast. LOL
Last edited by wheelie on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Excalibur all the way.
Raymond
phil

Post by phil »

60 bucks!...no thanks!...have no problems with my string cocker...just put it in my cargo pocket in my pants!
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt