kondor or judo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bcmuledeer

kondor or judo

Post by bcmuledeer »

Just got my order in from BHS, More arrows, inserts and zwickey points. I got some 105 grain kondors, 2" wide and some 1" judos to use on grouse, small game birds, squirrels, (man it even sucks to spell that). I noticed that turkey season is up and coming(you lucky buggers) and wondered what you guys used for game heads and why?
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
vrodman

Re: kondor or judo

Post by vrodman »

I'd like to also hear some suggestions on turkey heads. It will be my first time trying to bag one with the bow.
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have yet to arrow a turkey with my crossbow but hope to whack one this spring with my Vortex.
I plan on sending a Rage 2 through one if the opportunity presents itself.
I've heard good and bad about the Guillotines and Magnus Bullheads but would like to try both.
Figured I'd give the Rage 2 a shot before spending $$ on another style of Broadhead.

Check out the videos of the Guillotines in action...it's outragious!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I find that no matter what you put on the end of an arrow it is going to go clean through small game anyways.
The first squirrel I shot with my crossbow was on a fence, I had a big rubber blunt on my bow. When the arrow passed through the squirrel 35 yards away I swear I could see light through the hole that just got punched through, happened so fast the squirrel didn't even move for the first moment. The arrow continued on it's journey as though the squirrel wasn't even there. :shock:
The big benefit to a small game head it to prevent arrow loss, anything that can assist in keeping the arrow from burying it's self in the ground is a plus.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string