unreal hunt on tv???????...........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

Re: unreal hunt on tv???????...........

Post by bob1961 »

secret wrote:Most TAC shooters have a problem becoming a better hunter!!!!!!!!! Thats why they bought one!!!!!!
can we get a great big "DOHHHH-BART" :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
novacam

Post by novacam »

I watch a lot of the hunting channel and I watch a lot of questionable shots hitting in questionable spots, yet they always brag about greatness, certain shows at least. Some of these shows make me feel bad about anything less that a 10 point too, rare to say the least where I'm from. A bright moment came on today when Fred E. talked about taking small bucks and being proud of them, not putting in a big front for the camera, it was refreshing. At least there are a few show respect for what hunting is.
Joystyx

s

Post by Joystyx »

secret wrote:Most TAC shooters have a problem becoming a better hunter!!!!!!!!! Thats why they bought one!!!!!!
"What matters is not the size of the boat, but the rolling of the sea"
2010 Exomax - Leupold VX-I - HHA Speed Dial
2008 Relayer Y25 #954 -VariZone - S5
A bunch of Firebolts
Shockwaves & Crimson Talons
Inter arma silent leges
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

only good shows i have seen up to that show with crossbows, they are keeping shots under 35 yards....but every single compound shooter has been 40+ yard shots :shock: with those not so perect shot placements one needs to make on the animal your hunting for....at least ted nugent had a good show not bragging bout ubber racked bucks and showing little animals are just as good eating also....tred barta had a good show till he got that spinal stroke, even though he shot his recurve at game wildly at times....but he was one also not boasting big animals being shot all the time....the shows that shown a bad hit and then the next day they have the animal on the ground, my thoughts on some of those shots are no way they could have gotten that animal....but we don't see how they might have finished it off at 150 yards with a rifle after a bad arrow hit :roll: ....i like watching the shows where a hugh animal wasn't taken or any animal at all, those are the good hunting shows that promote hunting in a good way....that's like my neighbor takes his underage son out hunting onder the mentored youth hunt and he gets a nice big buck for his first deer....but after that first big buck he will expect hunting is easy from there on out and will/might give up hunting....the young hunters coming into the sport need to be shown hunting is not ubber big racked bucks but the experince of the hunt :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
smitty likes hunting

Post by smitty likes hunting »

Thats the kind of crap that gives hunting a bad name , and makes all true sportsmen & sportswomen very angry :evil: I cant imagine why they would air something that stupid
gundog

Post by gundog »

The show that gets my goat is the one were they shoot a coyote and you can clearly see that the arrow shot is not placed well. The dog is jumping around not even a good lung shot. Perhaps the sponsors are the ones to be targetted? I think I will email the sponsors of that show and ask if they have seen the trailers of the show and still support it.
Conserve game hunt with a trained dog
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I saw it too. His obvious and stated objective was to take long distance shots at live targets with an arrow. However his lack of knowledge and familiarity of his weapon was only exceeded by his initial glee over impending success and pre-hunt celebrations.
Noticed that the show quickly returned no vertical archery with no more said about crossbows. What a jerk!
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

bob1961 wrote:i just seen while i was channel surfin bow madness hunting show....this guy had to be the most un-ethical slob hunter yet to date....just cause he had a tac 4 crossbow, he took a 90 yard shot at a prong horn....missed big time by bout 5 yards, then after the shot with all his buddies around he stated he had the crossbow for only 4 days and DID NOT have time to shoot it yet :roll: :shock: ....plus they were all joking bout it also :oops: .........bob

It makes you wonder if they are trying to feed the sterotype of a crossbow hunter?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

For those talking about the craig morgan guy making that long shot it was over 90yds not 70. Talk about lobbing a bolt. This is why, like we are all discussing, some of these shows are making hunters really look bad. Another show i am getting a little bothered by is this pigman the series. This guy thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread and that he is the all go , no stop big hunter. People like the pigman are in there own little world. Also alot of these people got plenty of money they just want to be seen as the great white hunters. I used to really like watching these shows, i am starting to screen more than i used too. Lastly it is bringing people to the sport of hunting that want to compete with other hunters instead of the real reason for hunting. For these type of people that like to compete take up another sport like golf and stay out of the woods and let the people that really appreciate it be there.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

totaly agree....
Turtleman wrote: For these type of people that like to compete take up another sport like golf and stay out of the woods and let the people that really appreciate it be there.
they might still in da woods even then :roll: :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.