Fpoint stuck in target?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Re: Fpoint stuck in target?

Post by Big John »

Just wanted to put in my two cents. :wink:
I have shot and tested many targets, recommended some, took some back, listened
to people complain about inserts coming out in some targets, etc. etc.
There is one target, no matter what brand or homemade that always works
on field points with super easy removal everytime, BAG TARGETS.
You can not lose on them period!!!
Broadhead targets are a game that is harder to play. All manufacturers say theirs
is easy one hand removal for "Broadheads", but not field points. If you try using field point on them good luck getting them out. :twisted: and if you use T-Puller removers you "WILL" pull the insert out!! Not the fault of arrow maker or manufacturer. Use a piece of soft rubber, (cheap piece of bicycle tire tube) or Danny Miller pullers ,grab as close as you can to the target and use steady even strong pulling motion, NOT twisting. My recommendation is to buy used block targets,
or used Broadhead Targets. They have been broken in and will still have lots of life left. Much easier arrow removal. :)
Using "arrow lube" for target shooting is an excellent idea and works very well. I showed that at the
last 3-D ,Tournament. This will result in about 30% easier removal.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

i take a softball tap it so it just moves forward a Little then it pulls out like butter :lol:
Equinox
Custom Arrows by crazyfarmer
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

How about pushing the arrow the rest of the way through the target?
A small chunk of wood on the nock, then tap the wood with a hammer.

Is it possible you twisted the arrow prior to pulling? If the blades are not lined up with the gruves left by them it will be impossible to get it free. Twist a fraction of an inch and pull, twist and pull, you will know when you find the combination.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
EZKILL

Post by EZKILL »

Pydpiper wrote:How about pushing the arrow the rest of the way through the target?
A small chunk of wood on the nock, then tap the wood with a hammer.

Is it possible you twisted the arrow prior to pulling? If the blades are not lined up with the gruves left by them it will be impossible to get it free. Twist a fraction of an inch and pull, twist and pull, you will know when you find the combination.

a softball is much softer then the wood just tap the nock it pull right out my 4 year old girl can pull them out with the softball :lol:
Equinox
Custom Arrows by crazyfarmer
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

A couple of bales of compressed peat moss works well for broadheads. With my Exocet at 20 yards my G5 Montecs will extend through the bale a few inches. To make the bales last longer unscrew the point and pull the arrow out. Rotate the bales to extend their life. Throw a little duct tape on the holes if it starts to leak too much and your good to go again or just empty it in the garden. New bales cost about $7 at the garden shop or home store.