Last two days of July 2011 ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Last two days of July 2011 ...

Post by R.J. »

Took the camera for a walk ...

The back yard can present some cool photo opportunities as shown with this Cercopia moth picture I posted a few weeks ago ...

Well I got a few more backyard shots today ...

Red Spotted Purple Butterfly

A Cicada emerging from it's exoskeleton ...

Driving to visit relatives early morning , I spotted these two fishermen on either side of the river bridge .... the sun was a challenge for those pictures .

Then a walk along the swamp path shows how dry everything has become in the small inlets , but still lots of small critters to get pictures of ...

The usual shore brids ...

Back home a young buck passing thru our beans ...

And this brother / sister team , can be seen most evenings , passing my favorite climber tree at the back of my property ....

Tomorrow is the first day of August ... I know the local farmers are hoping for some more rain ... but for me , the dry spell has meant a welcome break from grass cutting ! :lol:
Last edited by R.J. on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
M.J.M.

Re: Last two days of July 2011 ...

Post by M.J.M. »

Great pics! What camera are you using?
Thanks for sharing. M.J.M.
roly

Post by roly »

Great shots as always RJ :D
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

R.J., you always have the most awesome shots! Thanks for sharing. And like M.J.M., I'd like to know what your setup is. I plan on taking classes either this fall or next spring and I'm still trying to figure out which camera to start with.

Keep 'em coming!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
novacam

Post by novacam »

Great shots!! The fishermen pics are fantastic, my favs. You have a great eye for the lens
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

As always good pictures! :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

great pics ...very cool..thanks for sharing them . kepp them coming
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great pictures nice composition.
The butterfly in the picture is called a red spotted purple they are having a up swing in their cycle this year near my house I have seen quite a few this year :D
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Some fine pics you took thanks fer sharing
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Some more great pics Rick.
Thanks for sharing them with us. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks all ...

Most of the small critter pictures ( insects etc. ) were taken with my Panasonic DMCZS1 Lumix ... it is a decent pocket camera ( I got it from work for 20 year service award a few years ago )

I've never had any training , and shoot most pictures in " auto mode " The key to good pictures in my opinion is " take lots " !

For every one good shot that turned out , I could show you 10 that didn't ( blurry etc. )

The long shots are from my Pentax K100D with after market Sigma 300mm lens ... I'm not real happy with the clarity of that lens set up , so if you are shopping around , you could probably find a better package deal on a Nikon or Canon ( Pentax was affordable at the time )

I try to keep a camera with me when I walk or drive , in case I see a cool photo oportunity ..

Like the one fisherman shot ... it was taken from the bridge at Glenn Morris ... the sun was coming up and I was shooting into the sun which usually is not good for pictures ... But the guy in shadow and the sun catching the fishing line was cool .

At the same time there was a guy on the opposite side of the bridge ... the sun was way too bright over my shoulder for that zoom lens set up , but was a cool shot to take to show comparison from one side of the bridge to other ...

Again ... carry a camera , take lots of pictures and you are bound to get one that turns out !

PS : Gerald ... thanks for the butterfly ID , I didn't have my field guide book with me , and didn't find it on the web until you sent the right name ( I updated the thread )
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "