Homemade #32 Meat Grinder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Homemade #32 Meat Grinder

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
My wife and kids purchased this meat grinder for my birthday and I couldn't crank that to make burger so I have motorized it. The way it is geared it is turning at roughly 81 RPM's. I will soon test it out. A friend brought me a front quarter of a bear and the ribs. I plan on making some burger and trying my hand at sausages. Here is a photo.Image My son took the photo and it came out rather dark. I will take a better photo tomorrow if I didn't break his camera, :) . Now you can put a face to my name. Thanks for looking. Any comments will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Raymond
one shot scott

Re: Homemade #32 Meat Grinder

Post by one shot scott »

Hey Raymond, you dont look as sinister as I thought you would :lol:

I love the looks of that grinder. She looks like a mean machine capable of grinding tree stumps :wink: keep your digits and appendages away from her!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yeah I look pretty mellow. I cannot stand to kick the crap out of someone like I used to in my younger days so I need to look like a mellow man now, :lol: .
I have a friend that is making me a meat plunger out of oak and I am going to design some sort of cover for covering up the belts and pulleys. With my luck if I do not do that I will forget what I am doing and will lose some fingers, :lol: . It should work well I believe. I will find out in a few days.
Thanks,
Raymond
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Looks like you will have a great set up Raymond . Do not for get to oil you wooden plunger . I treated mine with cooking oil . let us know how it works on the bear meat . PS it seems to grind better if the meat is chilled / cool . All the best my friend.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Awesome looking set up Raymond, you included!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks Norm, I am beginning to feel better. Some days are still not A1 but I feel the strength building in me more and more every day. It took me a week to build this, it takes me longer to do things now but I am managing to get things done. I am quite proud of myself after going through what I have been through, :) :) . I will post the total cost within the next day or so. I know what it cost will be more than worth it.
Thanks,
Raymond
munch

Post by munch »

one shot scott wrote:Hey Raymond, you dont look as sinister as I thought you would :lol:

I love the looks of that grinder. She looks like a mean machine capable of grinding tree stumps :wink: keep your digits and appendages away from her!
scott i was going to say he sure does look better than his wife describes him lol
and ray not to mush spice in the sausage .looks good
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Dash

Post by Dash »

Well done. Nice little project you've completed there raymond . Bet you can't wait to try it out !
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

[/quote]
scott i was going to say he sure does look better than his wife describes him lol
and ray not to mush spice in the sausage .looks good[/quote]

Neil, I may even grind a few stumps to make some binder for sausages, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Good one Terry, :lol: :lol: , yeah my wife says she wants to trade me in on a newer model. She says this old one needs to many repairs, :lol: :lol: . I am going to be asking for some recipes for sausage from the folks on this forum. I haven't made any sausage for a while. After that stay in hospital my memory of how to make sausages is gone along with memories of other things. But not everything is gone, certain times spans. Funny how things can disappear like that, wish all my bills were the same, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Darren, I have some bear meat that is waiting to be ground up and then I will try some sausage later on.
Thanks,
Raymond
Legnip

Post by Legnip »

We grind all of our meat at one time, since it's easiest on the set up and clean up. We de-bone and trim everything and then place it in a 1 gallon bag for the freezer. We used to try to put it in a plastic tub in the freezer, but got partially hard frozen and soft meat. So, let it hard freeze over night. Take out the 1 gallon bags (about 4-6 lbs/bag) and place them in the microwave for about 5 minutes on high (less time for smaller amounts), if hard frozen. The microwave will thaw it just enough that you can easily slice the frozen meat for an easier grind. Partially frozen meat will grind the quickest and easiest. Good luck.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks for all the tips. Nothing like getting helpful ideas from others.
Thanks,
Raymond
masboy

Post by masboy »

Sure is a nice looking grinder wish I had one like that. I though you were an old fart raymond . ( just kidding) you look good and I wish you the best of health. Get that grinder too grinding! Looks like a first class machine.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

masboy, I am only 46 , but most of the time I feel like 96 year old fart, :lol: . I like to joke also. I have some good days and appreciate those a lot, :) . It took me a week to do this, :oops: , but that might give you an example of how I feel a lot of the time. I am pretty pleased with my effort, I plan on grinding up some bear this weekend. If I can figure out how to show the video of how it works I will.
Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yeah it does look rather somewhat huge doesn't it. This weekend will tell how it works, it has a 3/4 Hp motor, 3250 RPM's geared down to turn around 81 RPM's at the grinder. If I want anymore I can always change the 8" pulley to a smaller one but I think 81 RPM's will be fine. It took me while to finish it where I can only do so much at a time but it was a fun project and something very useful for myself and my family. I may even be able to make a few dollars for the family with my sons help with grinding other folks venison. Friends will be free of course and if I know that I can help someone then I will do it for free with their help with the grinding.
Raymond
wabi

Post by wabi »

I was at the processor's getting my deer last night and when he finished with mine he said, "One more to do tonight.", and went into his walk-in cooler.
Came out with 2 backstraps that were black and dry looking. :shock:
He told me they were off the doe he killed when season opened almost 2 weeks ago. :shock:
They've been aging for almost 2 weeks. He sliced off the outer "crust" and started them through the grinder, while telling me he grinds almost all his deer meat after it is well aged. Said if you ever try it, you'll be doing the same.
wabi