Boo string owner contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Re: Boo string owner contest

Post by Galgo »

Hey do boo trigger jobs count:-)I'm still two years away from my my first string order
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo,
I was sitting in my stand this evening thinking of the cold weather ahead and how it seems to penetrate an aging body more than it should. I was wishing one of the nice 8 point bucks that have been showing up on my camera would wander in when reality hit me as a small buck walked in from behind me. I could either fill my one "antlered" tag for the season or spend time later in a cold stand still hoping one of the big boys would stop by.
As usual, I decided not to let an opportunity pass. :lol:

Even managed to talk the landowner into snapping a few pictures of me with the deer.

BTW - the new string you made for me this summer is really performing well! I adjusted brace height once after 30 - 40 shots and it's been holding at that height for well over a month now. Serving still looks like new, too.

wabi
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

For Boo's collection...
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

wabi wrote:I could either fill my one "antlered" tag for the season or spend time later in a cold stand still hoping one of the big boys would stop by.
Good looking buck wabi. Congrats! I'd have done the same thing. You could have managed a little bit of a smile though. :roll:

:lol: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Big58cal wrote:
wabi wrote:I could either fill my one "antlered" tag for the season or spend time later in a cold stand still hoping one of the big boys would stop by.
Good looking buck wabi. Congrats! I'd have done the same thing. You could have managed a little bit of a smile though. :roll:

:lol: :lol:
That is a Wabi smile! :D :D :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Knight

Post by Knight »

My girlfriend got her hunting licence last spring. She did the turkey course and got her first bird. Said she wanted to give the deer a try.

Decided to try a decoy tonight for the first time ever. Set a doe decoy up at 15 yards alongside a bunch of apples. There are always deer using this field so I had a good feeling. We settled in the 2 man tree stand and she practiced her sight picture on the decoy. She's quite small so having the shooting rail was a big help. Wind was perfect, the set up look good.

About 6pm a deer stepped into the field about 200 yards away. I quickly glassed it and realized it was a small buck. It started out into the middle of the field but not heading our way. I gave one bleat and the buck quickly looked and saw the decoy. He continued the same direction though feeding on clover as he went. One more bleat was too much for him. He turned towards us and started coming. As I expected he circled downwind of us but due to the treeline he couldn't quite get there to wind us. He was stiff legged with his tail straight up putting on a show. He hung up for about 5 minutes about 30 yards to our right. I needed this deer on the apple pile at 18 yards broadside to let her take the shot. She already had the Boo stringed Exocet laced with a Wasp Boss and a Big John on the shooting rail.

The buck was sniffing and licking his lips hard trying to get a good smell, but I sprayed the decoy down with scent killer. He was struttin like a lady killer, having not clue of the lady killer so close to him. He moved closer to the decoy and all of a sudden decided the apples now seemed more inviting then his would be plastic girlfriend. I was amazed at how calm my GF was. Her breathing seemed almost normal. As the deer picked up an apple it took a step forward with his closest foot, opening up the "window".

"You on him??"

"Yep"

"Do it"

WHACK!!!!

I saw the bolt slice through him and knew he was her's. He did the mule kick and bolted off the edge of the field and then back into the field then out of the field. But I heard him fall and knew he wasn't far.

She was shaking and couldn't talk. What a nice change that was. :D I told her she just shot her first deer and it was a nice buck!!! She didn't believe me.

We waited 30 minutes and got down. My buddy who was in a stand nearby came over. Found the bolt in the ground where I expected. Good blood. But I already expected this. Started looking for blood and could barely find any. In half an hour in a 40 yard distance we found maybe 6 drops. I began wondering if she hit him high but I was sure I heard him fall. I could tell she was getting upset thinking she only wounded him.

When he fell I knew where it was by the sound and knew he didn't make it into the treed area because there was no cracking at all. So I moved forward while they continued looking for blood. I found him exactly where I thought he should be, 2 feet off the field edge in the goldenrod.

I called her over telling her there was a bit of blood here and to mark it. I let her walk up on him on her own.

Excited, happy and sad all at the same time. But a couple hours later now and she is totally pumped.

It was a perfect shot, yet no blood and a great exit wound. I will post pics soon to show. I am shocked there was barely any blood. My buddy said the same thing. Lung and a big hole in his heart!!!!

Watching the buck strut his stuff and seeing her putting him down made for the best hunt I have ever had.

Here is the set up.......

The outcome.....We call her Blondie and now we are naming the decoy Blondie.

I just wished I had gotten the string in the picture!!!!!

Thanks Boo.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Cool story Brent! Your story and pic is going into my "Harvest Page". Good work on getting the girl friend a deer!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great story!

Congrats to your girlfriend on the buck! And good for you for supporting her in her hunting habit! :)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Our Wisconsin deer season opened September 17, I have not seen any deer until Saturday the 28th. That Saturday morning I saw two buck and a doe, no shots. I went out Saturday evening and this is what happened.
I was in my stand at three –thirty, the evening was quite. About twenty-five after five I saw a deer south of me. (the deer walked in a semi circle around me) When it was to the west of me I noticed antlers on it. It came to the north of me to the apples I had just put out two hours before. I really wanted a bigger antlered deer , but other than this AM I have not saw any. I now have a perfect broadside, what do I do?
The silence of the evening was broken by the sharp crack of the Phoenix as I tickled the trigger. The Boo Astro-flight string flung the GT 2 arrow tipped by a Meat-seeker three blade into the deers boiler room. ( I love this broad-head) Later I found by arrow buried six inches in the dirt after the pass through.
The deer did the mule kick and walked off about sixty feet. I hear the labored breathing of the deer. The end was near. It walked off to the left about ten feet, staggered, and went down. It move a little then all was quite. From the time I tickled the trigger to now was less than five minutes! I thought it was a spike but turned out to be a four point.
My tag is filled and I am a happy hunter.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey another contest pic
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

I still cannot figure out how to send pic and story in for the contest, I am not very computer savoy.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mark Rainbolt wrote:I still cannot figure out how to send pic and story in for the contest, I am not very computer savoy.
God Bless,
Mark
First deer with a crossbow!!!!
Shot this very nice 9 pointer this afternoon, was about 3:30.Snuck in to the stand got settled into the stand. I still have this habit but I like to smoke. So I smoked a cig got done, the wind was right.Did a little bit of calling and light rattling got done, put the rattle bag up that my wife made me.Thats when I heard crunch, crunch coming in hard and fast.He circled around in front of me and came right into me to 15 yards. My Excalibur Vortex did the rest he went 50 yards to a thicket I watched him wobbling and then he disappered. So I sat there smoked a cig, and played yathzee for 30 mins. Got down and tracked him he dressed just a tad over 200 pounds, he will score high 130's.I weigh over 300, and stand 6-1 so that gives you an idea of the body size of this buck. Thank you for looking.
God Bless,
Mark
Normous

Post by Normous »

Two nice Ontario bucks taken on one day with my Equinox and boocustomstring.

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice deer Norm! Looks like you've been busy. Congratulations. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

Don, Here is a pic of my buck in the field. My son in law came up to help me get him out. I left my crossbow back where I shot him. Please enter this pic in your contest.

09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters