lumanoks for firebolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Going Postal

lumanoks for firebolts

Post by Going Postal »

thinking about getting some lumanoks for my excalibur firebolts. wanting to find out which kind i need and how to install them. i think i will have to remove the threaded inserts that come in the bolts to aid in bolt removal from the target. i know i'll need the flat noks but which size burt coyote web page doesn't list the firebolt size dia. thanks for any help .
Boomer

Re: lumanoks for firebolts

Post by Boomer »

Email Burt Coyote and tell them you are looking for lumenoks for the firebolt and they will give the model number and how to order them. To remove the existing nock, insert a field point and heat the field point will a torch. Do not over heat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

call danny miller he sells them 740 483 2312
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I think they're the ones for 2213 shafts, but don't trust me on that. :D

Like Boomer said, thread a field tip into the insert and heat the field tip. Try it every so often until you can pull it out. After I took the ones out of my arrows, I couldn't get the Luminoks in because of the left over epoxy in there. I took a wire cleaning brush for a .38 cal pistol and worked it back & forth to get the resin out. After that, they went in fine.

With the Luminoks, all you do is push them in until they turn on and stay on, then take a pair of pliars and wiggle them back & forth just enough to turn them off. When you fire them and the string hits the Luminok, it pushes it into the shaft just a fraction, enough to turn it on. :wink:

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong. It's the ones for 2219 shafts (found my old pack of them). The info from the back of the pack is :

2219 Flat -- 3-Pack
2219F3
UPC: 8-50722-00023-5
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Thank you so much for the info Boomer!! I had no idea how to remove the nock from my bolt so I could insert my lumenok! Last time I bought lumenoks they were installed for me. Now I am ready for hunting :D