Apoligee To Forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Apoligee To Forum

Post by vixenmaster »

Evidently my poor choice of english words & their use has offended some members on this Forum fer that i am here to apoligize fer that recent Topic/thread R U a good hunter or need a fast Bow. To others that i dismayed & or let down i am truely sorry fer my actions. Y'all have a good one
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bucknbill

Re: Apoligee To Forum

Post by bucknbill »

did,nt bother me atall Mike ..go get another one :D
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

I think it might have just been the fact it kinda hit a nerve on some ( me included) because of the abuse we take from vert bow hunter's in our areas.

Despite the fact that i cannot physically hold a bow at full draw due to bad shoulder I am constantly looked down upon by them. Looking back I have to apologize for my response towards the question, it was truthful but misguided and smarta**ed.

All is well, and no hard feelings here!!!
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
strum

Post by strum »

Mike i just read the post and i didnt see anythink at all that was offensive..
i think you were just after some disscusion...which is what a forum is about.
nothing wrong with that at all and like Boo said you are a very humble person and didnt mean it in any other way..i love your posts and hope to see more..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike, you are a friend for many years. I know you as do some of the others. When I read your thread I just rolled my eyes. Others really don't know you that well. Next time you want to have fun, use your noggin will you?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
maple

Post by maple »

It's hard not to step on somebody's toes with a controversial post. Happens all the time. It's all good as long as we show due respect for each others' opinions.

No offense taken here.

Maple
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hope you didn't take my response as a negative reply. No offense here. Guess I've been here long enough to know how to take your post. :P Just keep on slayin' those ridge runners and posting to this forum. You're a big part of the fabric that makes this forum work so well!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
wabi

Post by wabi »

I know you didn't intend to make other members mad, but it's easy to do.

I think we all forget that we represent a vast collection of crossbow hunters, and live in a wide variety of geographic locations. For me a shot over 35 yards would be almost impossible because of my stand location and the cover surrounding it. I can't even see a deer 40 yards away from some directions!
If I lived in an area where a 40 yard shot was common I would probably buy the fastest bow I could find, but for where I live and hunt the Phoenix is plenty of bow in almost all situations.

The cover makes it easier to get close, and like I said in the other post a 20 yard shot is a LONG shot for me, but it has it's disadvantages, too.
I don't have much time to decide if I want to take the deer or let it walk, so I don't collect many big racks to hang on the walls. :roll: :lol:

Hope those that were upset by your post will re-read it and realize you weren't calling them bad hunters.
I took it as you just saying you're in an area where you can get close and the old Vixen shooting logs at slow speeds is still more than enough to keep the freezer overflowing.
wabi
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

I found no reason for you to have to apologize in that thread. Being new to this forum, I did not realize people are that touchy. Good to know going forward.
the elf

Post by the elf »

No apology needed or required. Some people are just oversensitive in some areas. When I was growing up a long time ago my father told me that to survive in life I would need---------
1-- A thick skin .
2--A sense of humour.
3--A positive mental attitude.
4--constitution of an ox.
You know he was right !
Last edited by the elf on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

No offence here! I know I am a poor hunter with a slow bow to boot. Takes a man to admit it! LOL
lscha

Post by lscha »

You sure can't upset me, Mike. I have a boatload of respect for you and the way you hunt. Carry on. Love ya.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
munch

Post by munch »

i don't care what the rest say you really hurt my feelings and the only way to make it up to me is invite me down to viola to sit in a stand with your miss vixen and clean up on some deer .guess im just more sensitive than some here :mrgreen:
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I dont know you vixenmaster or do i know anyone on this forum on a personal level but,what i do know is when writting a post,replying or sending a text message it can read different than it sounds in person even if you do know the person and with that said i didnt take offence to anything you posted because i dont think for one you lied about nothing or ment any harm in what you posted.Now lets keep on giddy uppin with our giddy ups :wink:
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

I am new to the forum, so I don't know you. I use to be a member of another crossbow forum that all they did was put each other down and argue. I took your post as you being a smart a$$ but not in a hurtful way. I responded in the same way. I took no offence to what you said and hope you took none to what I said. I was just pulling your chain like I thought you were pulling everyone else's.
John