seen a good one last night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

masboy

seen a good one last night

Post by masboy »

was windy and rainy last night and went to my morning stand where my son seen two bucks come by it the night before . my son went about 150 yds above me in his stand .seen deer running all over the sage brush field and up in to the corn field and back down in front off me.looked up and in the edge of the thicket along side of me here cones a doe running with a buck behind her and a bigger buck behind that one and a bigger buck yet behind that one . they were grunting an groaning never heard such noise. the biggest one was not moving as fast as the others so I ba ba he just kept going was something to see! all this 30 yds from me . my son called in a small six and seen two nice buck out of range. what a night can,t wait till this evening to try again!
VixChix

Re: seen a good one last night

Post by VixChix »

Go get 'em!

Looking forward to your next post already!!! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
masboy

Post by masboy »

went out this morning and went on the other side of the field 125 yds from my morning stand and as walked in the moon light a big deer was standing in front of where I went to set and ran back in the woods so I grunted an got in my stand seen none till 7.30 then two big deer went by my morning stand could not tell what they were.these deer are outsmarting me every day but I,m having a good time trying!!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Can you lay down a doe scent trail for them?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
masboy

Post by masboy »

yes I had buck bomb but went to spray and got a little to come out but then quit was going to let the wind blow it into the thicket but when it cold they don,t spray. got to put it on the floor of my truck and warm it up in the mornings. alway something!!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

VixChix wrote:Can you lay down a doe scent trail for them?
Not like you can Vix. :lol:

Keep after them masboy! 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
gogo

Post by gogo »

Sounds like another grudge match shaping up. Hope you out smart these guys, happy hunting.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Keep at it and they'll make a mistake and get too close. :)
wabi
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds like the game is on!! Good luck man. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

masboy wrote:yes I had buck bomb but went to spray and got a little to come out but then quit was going to let the wind blow it into the thicket but when it cold they don,t spray. got to put it on the floor of my truck and warm it up in the mornings. alway something!!!
You can also take the can and put it inside your clothes under your arm pit to warm it up while you're on the stand. Takes about 15 minutes or so.

Good luck on getting a good one!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4