STS string suppressor

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

STS string suppressor

Post by Turtleman »

Need info on the old manufacturer of the original STS for the excaliburs? I think they went out of business . I called the number for Bucks & Ducks out of Tennessee and the number is no longer in service also sent an email a month ago and no answer. I need new rubber stoppers and i don't want to buy a whole new system if i can help it!!!!!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Boo

Re: STS string suppressor

Post by Boo »

417-847-8040
http://stores.stsarchery.net/StoreFront.bok
They are still in business but have moved to another location.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Thanks Boo , I really appreciate the info!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

they had 2 versions of stoppers. the flat ones and the notched ones. i believe the bowjax macdaddy is the same as the new style. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BowJax-MacDaddy ... 519c5e21f3
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

There's better stoppers available in Canada than from STS.

Here's a bored day result of some split STS ones I've never taken time to test out. Gasket punch, old belt [shrank] and glue.

Lousy pic, sorry, but you get the idea.............
"Eze 18:21"
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Thanks fellas that gives me options & ideas !
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Just got replacement stoppers & set screws for my STS. I ordered the replacements from the Bullets & Bows originator. I warn you to get a total before you order or you might be shocked when you get the bill . I got my stuff and for two stoppers and two set screws plus shipping was $32. For not much more i could have ordered a brand new Excalibur system. They got me let me tell ya!!! :o
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Turtleman wrote:Just got replacement stoppers & set screws for my STS. I ordered the replacements from the Bullets & Bows originator. I warn you to get a total before you order or you might be shocked when you get the bill . I got my stuff and for two stoppers and two set screws plus shipping was $32. For not much more i could have ordered a brand new Excalibur system. They got me let me tell ya!!! :o
Get you once thier fault :x

Get you twice your fault :lol: :lol:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Dave
Boo wrote:417-847-8040
http://stores.stsarchery.net/StoreFront.bok
They are still in business but have moved to another location.
Hey Boo that 417 area code is in my neighborhood, I'll have to check it out
Thanks. :D

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I no longer have any sympathy for 'Bucks and Ducks' originator of STS. There were several of us that emailed them telling them the rods were too long. They never replied. Since this was a product specific to Excals, they could have offered to exchange the rods for shorter ones that didn't need to be cut down.

While not a problem for some, huge problem for others. Faced w/ rod exchange, postage, ect, I'm sure most STS owners would have opted for 5 min w/ hacksaw.

'Snooze, ya lose' as evidenced by New Guys adaptation and Excals new S-5 offering.

P*ss on 'em..................
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

awshucks wrote:I no longer have any sympathy for 'Bucks and Ducks' originator of STS. There were several of us that emailed them telling them the rods were too long. They never replied. Since this was a product specific to Excals, they could have offered to exchange the rods for shorter ones that didn't need to be cut down.

While not a problem for some, huge problem for others. Faced w/ rod exchange, postage, ect, I'm sure most STS owners would have opted for 5 min w/ hacksaw.

'Snooze, ya lose' as evidenced by New Guys adaptation and Excals new S-5 offering.

P*ss on 'em..................
P*ss on 'em! but dont make a video of it or the news will be all over it. Seriously I have been very happy with my NewGuy SS.No muss no fuss.
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

The plot thickens , fellas. Not only now have i paid too much, partly my fault for not asking price first , but now i have these new "Mac Daddy" stoppers that are 1/4 " too long compared to the original stoppers. I cut my rods back like the rest of you! Tell me how many of you are using the MD and what did you do ie, cut them back as well????? This is frustrating as h/;!.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Just loosen the set screws on bottom of STS and extend rods! You can [a] install stringing aid and pull rubbers off rods and check b-height, btw. Same trick w/ mucho shortened rope cocker.

Another STS trick is to cut rods so rubbers are backed up by mounting blocks to further support the rubbers to extend life.

When I got my STS, my 1 1/8" bheight didn't need the rods cut. I read of the touching mounting block trick, so I added rubber fuel line to take up gap between rods and blocks.

Since my STS was a gift and I stupidly threw away warranty card, I had to kiss a bunch of butt to get replacement rubbers.

I only use mine for hunting w/ scope, imho, the best thing the do is let you follow arrow in scope better.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I have found I can get away without a warranty registration as long as I have a proof of purchase.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Just a thought here too.
These days registration for warranty purposes can be done online without the use of snail mail.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"