EX Lube and EX Oil

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Oldsarge

EX Lube and EX Oil

Post by Oldsarge »

Does anyone have any info on this stuff yet. Got my new Beast and was thinking about some kind of rail lube and here it is. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Always remember "Incoming fire has the right of way"
Equinox
roly

Re: EX Lube and EX Oil

Post by roly »

Excals don't need rail lube

I use Jig A Lube, put some on a rag to clean the rail of
old wax and dirt. Makes it real smooth.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Daltons string conditioner works real good. Silicone, I think, and it migrates to the rail like wax does.
"Eze 18:21"
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

I kind of like the smell of the burning wax, maybe it is just me.
John
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I may be talking out of my butt again like usual, i use that jigaloo too, but be careful using it on the full camo models, it may re-act with the finish.

ive also used silicone spray to slick er up, and remove wax. But the same thing applies, be very careful using it on a full camo rail.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dash

Post by Dash »

I use silicon spray on the equinox rail camo and all when cleaning her up, then clean all the excess off with a dry rag. Silicon won't damage anything. But when its from a spray can, a carrier (Another substance or hydrocarbon) can be used to keep the silicon thinned out and able to penetrate surfaces well. So all Silicon spray brands are not the same. Test it out first on a spot underneath before using over the camo rail.
I still use excal wax and daltons depending on what the string looks like it needs.
strum

Post by strum »

Dont know about the ex lube..but i like the syringe on the ex oil..looks like it will be great for oiling you tirgger
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

The new Ex-Lube and Ex-Oil have both proven to work well during our testing. The Ex-Lube is a rail lube that actually helped us to gain a few FPS when testing the stuff and it did help with string wear. We still also offer the wax for the serving which is still a good way to go. The oiler is just a handy thing to keep around and works great in the trigger.

At the ATA show we had a shooting lane and used both of these products and after over 300 shots the string on our new Eclipse XT still looked new so it sure doesn’t hurt to use it. You know us at Excalibur, we don't change our story often but we can't ignore new stuff and Ex-Lube is good stuff. My only advice is don't put too much on, I got carried away with the Ex-Lube and the crossbow was shooting goo all over the place...not a problem just a bit messy.
:D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I checked it out on the website. I've never lubed my rail before but might have to give this stuff a try?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Will this oil work well on the composite rail on the Axiom? If not might get some for my son's bow. I use jig-a-loo on the Vixen but not sure if that's safe on the composite rail. Thanks
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

If Excalibur says it works well for them, it is good enough for me. I will get me some of that later on. Thanks Excalibur.
Raymond
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I'm using Xcal's serving wax, with silicone spray on the rail, and so far, all seems to be fine. I've fired about 50 arrows or so, with minimal wax build up on the rail. I may give these new lubricants a try, at least they wont break the budget if they don't make any change in performance.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting